Brings you inspiring experiences in Art • History • Science
Sign up now to enjoy fabulous benefits
LCSD’s special arrangements for Museum Pass affected by pandemic
LCSD announced that, in view of the latest situation of COVID-19, all LCSD's museums will resume normal opening hours on July 1. As museums were temporarily closed since January 29, holders of Museum Passes, with validity during the affected period of January 29 to June 30, will enjoy waiver of museum admission fee and extended use of other privileges offered by the Museum Pass starting from July 1 for a designated period of time. The number of days for the waiver for Museum Pass holders will be based on the number of valid days of their respective passes during the aforesaid affected period. For related details including the number of days waived and the revised expiry date for affected Passes with examples, please visit the following website: https://www.museums.gov.hk/en_US/web/portal/museum-pass.html.
Privilege Offers for Museum Pass Holders
- Unlimited admission to the permanent and special exhibitions (unless otherwise specified) of museums under Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD Museums) during the validity period of the Museum Pass.
- 10% discount on purchase of souvenirs and publication produced by Leisure and Cultural Services Department at museum gift shops/book shops (except Dr Sun Yat-sen Museum).
- Special offers at specific catering outlets in LCSD Museums.
- 10% discount on participation in museum extension activities solely organized by LCSD Museums (e.g. educational programmes). This discount is not applicable to fees which are already discounted under other concessionary schemes.
- From now to 31 August 2020, Museum Pass Holders can enjoy a discount of HK$60, HK$50 and HK$40 off the published price respectively for the purchase of Adult, Child / Student and Senior Magic Access of the Hong Kong Disneyland Park. Enquiries Hotline: (852)1-830-830. Terms and conditions apply. Visit Hong Kong Disneyland website for published price and detailed terms & conditions. The discount on Ocean Park "SmartFun Annual Pass" for the Museum Pass Holders was terminated on 31 July 2020.
Museum Pass Annual Fee
(for a maximum of 4 persons of kinship)
(full-time students, people with disabilities and senior citizens aged 60 or above)
Period of Validity
- Museum Pass : Within 12 months from the date of issue
Conditions of Use and Privilege Offers
- Each Museum Pass admits the Pass holder only.
- Museum Pass holders must present the Museum Pass for admission to LCSD Museums.
- The Museum Pass is non-transferable. Museum Pass holders may be required to produce identity proof upon admission.
- The Museum Pass is neither returnable nor refundable once issued.
- Loss of the Museum Pass should be reported to any one of the LCSD Museums below immediately. A replacement/re-issue of Museum Pass will be charged with the following fee:
Museum Individual Pass: $10 Museum Family / Concessionary Pass: $5
- Museum Pass holders may renew their Passes at any one of the LCSD Museums below upon expiry.
- Museum Pass holders should comply with the Museums Regulation and house rules of LCSD Museums.
- All the privilege offers are not for re-sale, non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable, either in whole or in part, for cash or any other items.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these Terms and Conditions and all other matters relating to the privilege offers, the interpretation and decision of Leisure and Cultural Services Department shall be final and conclusive.
- Leisure and Cultural Services Department reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or to suspend or terminate the privilege offers at any time without any prior notice.
Points to note
- The following initiatives for the fee-charging museums of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department come into effect now –
- The permanent exhibitions of five fee-charging museums (i.e. Hong Kong Museum of History, Hong Kong Heritage Museum, Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defence^ and Dr Sun Yat-sen Museum) are opened to all free of charge;
- The permanent exhibitions of the Hong Kong Science Museum and the Hong Kong Space Museum are opened to full-time students and museum pass holders free of charge;
- The admission charges for the permanent exhibitions of the Hong Kong Science Museum are $20 for standard ticket, $14 for group ticket and $10 for concessionary ticket;
- The admission charges for the permanent exhibitions of the Hong Kong Space Museum are $10 for standard ticket, $7 for group ticket and $5 for concessionary ticket; and
- The charges for museum passes (annual) are $100 for family pass, $50 for individual pass and $25 for concessionary pass. Half-yearly, monthly and weekly museum passes are no longer available.
- LCSD plans to organise the following special exhibitions* which will levy additional admission charges. Holders of valid museum passes will enjoy unlimited free admission to these special exhibitions:
- “Striving and Transforming - The History of Hong Kong Industry” (17 Jun to 24 Aug 2020) at the Hong Kong Museum of History.
||Programmes subject to change
||The Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defence is now closed for a major revamp to bring visitors a brand new experience. During the closure, the museum will organise a rich array of outreach programmes. Please visit the website for more details.
Application for and renewal of museum passes can be done at the following museums:
Download Museum Pass Application Form