(1) possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award or Beach Lifeguard Award and/or above issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society;
(2) possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service(for Contract Full-year Lifeguard only; candidates without valid First Aid Certificate may still apply for Seasonal Lifeguard);
(3) attain a level of proficiency in Chinese and English languages equivalent to Primary 6 standard;
(4) pass the swimming and trade tests; and
(5) pass an eyesight test and the Ishihara's Test.
(1) To ensure the safety of swimmers at swimming pools, beaches or water sports centres of this department;
(2) To rescue swimmers in distress;
(3) To maintain order; and
(4) To assist in cleaning work.
Candidates are required to pass the selection procedures including physical fitness tests, trade tests and selection interviews etc.
Seasonal Lifeguard (2023 Swimming Season): HK$20,500 to 21,500 per month (depending on deployment to swimming pool, beach, or water sports centre)
Contract Full-year Lifeguard: HK$20,800 to 21,840 per month
Upon satisfactory completion of contract, subject to satisfactory performance and conduct during the contract period, the incumbent is entitled to an end-of-contract gratuity.