(1) possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award or Beach Lifeguard Award or above issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society;
(2) preferably possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service;
(3) attain a level of proficiency in Chinese and English languages equivalent to Primary 6 standard;
(4) pass the swimming and trade tests; and
(5) pass an eyesight test and the Ishihara's Test.
(1) To ensure the safety of swimmers at swimming pools, beaches or water sports centres of this department;
(2) To rescue swimmers in distress;
(3) To maintain order; and
(4) To assist in cleaning work.
Candidates are required to pass the selection procedures including physical fitness tests, trade tests and selection interviews etc.
Salary (2020 Swimming Season)
HK$18,560 to 19,560 per month (depending on deployment to swimming pool, beach, or water sports centre)
Upon satisfactory completion of contract, subject to satisfactory performance and conduct during the contract period, the incumbent is entitled to an end-of-contract gratuity.