Scenic venues ideal for weddings
Marrying couples now have more choices about where to celebrate their Big Day as the Leisure and Cultural Services Department opens six of its scenic venues for holding wedding ceremonies. Couples can exchange vows with sea views and mountains in the background, have a party in a spectacular garden, or say "I do" in an historic building.
Director of Leisure and Cultural Services Mr Thomas Chow announced the "Choose an LCSD venue for your wedding" scheme at a ceremony today (February 14).
Mr Chow said the department had specially picked a number of facilities with different, distinctive characteristics for couples to hold their wedding ceremonies. He hoped that the new service would provide couples with more choices to choose from for celebrating their Big Day and that the LCSD venues would make their special occasions even more special because this was the first time they would be used for this purpose.
The six facilities are:
- The assembly hall of Lei Yue Mun Park and Holiday Village, which is now an historic building and a former chapel
- Six Arts Terrace of Kowloon Walled City Park, which is an ideal place for holding Chinese wedding ceremony
- Bauhinia Garden of Kowloon Tsai Park, where flowers and the grass create a contrast of crimson and green in this idyllic retreat
- Lawn and Amphitheatre of Tai Po Waterfront Park, which are perfect for a quintessential garden wedding
- Repulse Bay Beach, where you can choose the glow of sunset and a beach
- Sai Kung Waterfront Park, which has a leisure atmosphere
Mr Chow encouraged wedding couples to book the LCSD venues fast and said that if the response to the new service was good, the department would consider opening up more venues for weddings.
The venues will be open for booking from tomorrow (February 15). Application forms can be downloaded from the LCSD website, and are also available at the 18 LCSD District Leisure Services Offices and holiday villages.
The procedures for renting the venues are simple - wedding couples need only return the completed application form with the required documents.
For more information, please browse the LCSD webpage http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/wedding/en/index.php
, or call 2601 8867 during the office hours.
Ends/Wednesday, FebruaIssued at HKT 14:02