City Hall Low Block to re-open in parts
The Low Block of the Hong Kong City Hall, which has been closed since a fire broke out there on December 6, will re-open in phases in the coming two months.
A spokesman for the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) announced today (December 13): "The URBTIX Box Office on G/F will resume service Wednesday (December 15).
"The Theatre, the Maxim's Western Restaurant on 1/F and Maxim's Palace Chinese Restaurant on 2/F and are scheduled to re-open on Monday (December 20)."
The LCSD, Architectural Services Department and Electrical and Mechanical Services Department had been working together around the clock to recover all facilities damaged in the fire so that services to the public would be back to normal as soon as possible, the spokesman said.
The Exhibition Hall and the Concert Hall, which suffered extensive damage and required replacement of fittings, furniture and sound and lighting systems, are expected to re-open on February 5, 2005 and after the Chinese Year respectively with the first concert to take place on February 12, 2005.
The department has made arrangements with affected venue hirers to use other venues or reschedule their performances.
Arrangements are also in place to refund patrons on sold tickets.
"We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to the hirers and the public," the spokesman said.
The services at the High Block of the Hong Kong City Hall remain normal.
For details about programme changes and refund, please dial 2921 2840 or visit Hong Kong City Hall's website at http://www.cityhall.gov.hk
Ends/Monday, December 13, 2004