Arts Carnival graphic design competition winners named
Primary four student April Yuen was declared both the overall and the primary school section winner of the International Arts Carnival (IAC) Graphic Design Competition. Form three student Bonnie Wong won the secondary school section.
Miss Yuen's design was a richly coloured collage of little angels forming a smiling clown's face. Miss Wong's imaginative design was a flourishing tree composed of depictions of different art forms and cultural activities.
Organised by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD), the competition attracted 991 entries, including 493 in the primary section and 498 in the secondary section.
The adjudication panel for the competition was composed of the Associate Head of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Design, Mr Alex Fung; Executive Committee Member of the Hong Kong Designers Association, Mr Clement Yick Tat-wa; Senior Lecturer, School of Early Childhood Education of the Hong Kong Institute of Education, Dr Veronica Wong Wai Yum; Director of Graphic Consultants Ltd. Mr Tommy Mok; and LCSD Senior Manager (Festivals), Ms Winsome Chow.
The winners and first and second runners-up in both sections will receive book vouchers worth $1,500, $1,200 and $800 respectively and trophies. The creators of other outstanding entries will each receive a book voucher of $500. The overall winner will get an additional $500 book voucher.
Results of the IAC Graphic Design Competition are as follows:
Overall Winner/Winner (Primary School Section):
April Yuen, Man Sang College (Primary Section)
Secondary School Section:
Winner: Bonnie Wong, Methodist College
First Runner-up: Poon Lai Man, Rosaryhill School (Secondary Section)
Second Runner-up: Leung Wing Yu, Eunice, Diocesan Girls' School
1. Ho Lai Ting, Wong Shiu Chi Secondary School
2. Lai Man Sin, CMA Choi Cheung Kok Secondary School
3. Tse Chui Ying, Crystal, Diocesan Girls' School
4. Lau Yik Sim, Sheter, STFA Tam Pak Yu College
5. Leung Wing Suet, Pui Ying College
Primary School Section:
Winner: April Yuen, Man Sang College (Primary Section)
1. Tsui Cheong Ying, SKH Tin Wan Chi Nam Primary School
2. Chau Ching Li, Jenny, Heep Yunn Primary School
1. Nicola Ho, Diocesan Girls' Junior School
2. Ma Ching Yee, Kwai Ming Wu Memorial School of the Precious Blood
3. Lam Chun Fung, Bishop Walsh School
4. Wong Wai, St. Francis Canossian School
5. Tai Long Yuet, Jordan Road Government Primary School
The winning designs and other selected entries will be displayed in the Hong Kong Cultural Centre Foyer and Kwai Tsing Theatre Exhibition Gallery during the Arts Carnival period. Details are as follows:
Hong Kong Cultural Centre Foyer:
July 15 - August 3 (9am - 11pm)
August 4 (9am - 3pm)
Kwai Tsing Theatre Exhibition Gallery:
August 11-23 (10am - 8pm)
August 24 (10am - 3pm)
End/Saturday, June 7, 2003