The following was issued by the Home Affairs Bureau:
The delegation of the Shenzhou-7 manned space mission will arrive in Hong Kong on December 5 for a four-day visit at the invitation of the Chief Executive, Mr Donald Tsang.
Led by Mr Zhang Jianqi, the 40-strong delegation includes astronauts Zhai Zhigang, Liu Boming and Jing Haipeng. Other members include commanders or designers of the mission’s major engineering systems.
After its arrival on December 5, the delegation will attend a welcome dinner hosted by the Hong Kong SAR Government at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in the evening to meet members from various sectors in the community.
On the second day of its visit (December 6), the delegation will tour the harbour to see the latest developments along the waterfront. Then it will kick off the “Exhibition on China’s First Spacewalk Mission” at the Hong Kong Science Museum. Running for 10 days until December 15, the exhibition will feature valuable exhibits including the re-entry capsule of the Shenzhou-7 spacecraft, astronauts’ spacesuits and the national flag displayed by an astronaut during the spacewalk as well as photos on the mission.
In the afternoon, the delegation will meet tertiary students at a seminar at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and brief them on the launch of Shenzhou-7, spacewalk technology and China’s aerospace science development.
On the third day (December 7), they will attend the "Hong Kong Welcomes the Delegation of Shenzhou-7 Manned Space Mission Variety Show" at the Hong Kong Stadium.
On the morning of the fourth day (December 8), the delegation will attend a dialogue session with local students at Queen Elizabeth Stadium in Wan Chai. They will share with primary and secondary students their experiences in spacewalking and living in zero gravity during their space mission.
The delegation will then attend a farewell ceremony at Government House. Afterwards, they will depart for Macau by ferry from the Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal in Sheung Wan, ending their four-day visit to the territory.
For details on the delegation’s itinerary, please visit the dedicated website (www.isd.gov.hk/shenzhou7).
Members of the public are welcome to obtain the tickets and attend the "Exhibition on China's First Spacewalk Mission" and "Hong Kong Welcomes the Delegation of Shenzhou-7 Manned Space Mission Variety Show” organised by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) and Home Affairs Department (HAD) respectively.
The "Exhibition on China's First Spacewalk Mission" will be on display at the Hong Kong Science Museum from next Saturday (December 6) until December 15.
The exhibition will feature China’s manned space programme and the the spacewalk mission by Shenzhou-7 and the astronauts. Highlight exhibits will include the Shenzhou-7 spacecraft's re-entry capsule, spacesuits, the national flag displayed by an astronaut during his spacewalk and about 100 photos in relation to the spacewalk mission.
The exhibition is organised by the LCSD and the China Manned Space Engineering Office, in association with the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation and the China Astronaut Research and Training Centre.
Opening hours of the exhibition are as follows:
- December 6 (Saturday): from 1pm to 10pm;
- December 7 (Sunday): from 9am to 10pm;
- December 8 to 12 (Monday to Friday): from 9am to 9pm;
- December 13 and 14 (Saturday and Sunday): from 9am to 10pm; and
- December 15 (Monday): from 9am to 3pm.
Due to space constraints in the museum, admission will be arranged in hourly sessions so as to accommodate more visitors.
A ticket is required for admission. A total of 66,600 free tickets will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis from 8am to 9pm on Wednesday (December 3) at the following nine LCSD venues. Each person is allowed a maximum of two tickets.
The nine ticket distribution venues are:
- Hong Kong City Hall (Edinburgh Place, Central, Hong Kong);
- Hong Kong Central Library (66 Causeway Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong);
- Hong Kong Cultural Centre (10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon);
- Hong Kong Science Museum (2 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon);
- Sha Tin Town Hall (1 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin);
- Tsuen Wan Town Hall (72 Tai Ho Road, Tsuen Wan);
- Kwai Tsing Theatre (12 Hing Ning Road, Kwai Chung);
- Tuen Mun Town Hall (3 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun); and
- Yuen Long Theatre (9 Tai Yuk Road, Yuen Long).
Tickets that remain undistributed on December 3 will be distributed at the Science Museum’s box office from the following day (December 4). Special arrangements will be made for the box office of the Science Museum to be open daily from 9am to 9pm from December 4 to December 14.
LCSD's Museum Passes and Weekly Passes will not be applicable for this special exhibition.
A number of tickets for weekday sessions will be reserved for schools and social welfare organisations subvented by the Social Welfare Department or members of the Hong Kong Council of Social Services. Distribution is on a first-come-first-served basis. Each school will be offered a maximum of 100 tickets and each social welfare organisation a maximum of 50 tickets. The application form for group visits can be downloaded from www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/forms_sj7.pdf or http://hk.science.museum/download/CFSM_SWGV.rtf. The completed form should be sent by fax to 2311 2248 or 2367 5459.
Apart from the Spacewalk exhibition, the other parts of the Science Museum including the permanent exhibitions and the "Sports Arena" special exhibition will not be open on December 11, which is a regular closing day of the museum.
As for the “Hong Kong Welcomes the Delegation of Shenzhou-7 Manned Space Mission Variety Show” to be held at Hong Kong Stadium on December 7, free tickets will be distributed at 21 Public Enquiry Service Centres (PESCs)/distribution locations under the HAD in 18 districts from 9am on December 2. The tickets will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis and each person may obtain a maximum of two tickets. The variety show will be broadcast live on television from 3pm on December 7. Famous artistes from Hong Kong and the Mainland will perform in the show. Spectators are advised to arrive early to avoid traffic congestion.
Addresses of the PESCs/distribution locations are:
- Central and Western (Unit 5, The Center, 99 Queen's Road Central, Central);
- Eastern (G/F, Eastern Law Courts Building, 29 Tai on Street, Sai Wan Ho);
- Southern (G/F, Ocean Court, 3 Aberdeen Praya Road, Aberdeen);
- Wan Chai (G/F, 2 O'Brien Road, Wan Chai);
- Kowloon City (G/F, One Harbourfront, 18-22 Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom);
- Kwun Tong (G/F, Kwun Tong District Branch Offices Building, 6 Tung Yan Street, Kwun Tong);
- Sham Shui Po (G/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Sham Shui Po);
- Wong Tai Sin (P/F, Lung Cheung Office Block, 138 Lung Cheung Road, Wong Tai Sin);
- Yau Tsim Mong (G/F, Mong Kok Government Offices, 30 Luen Wan Street, Mong Kok);
- Cheung Chau (G/F, 22 San Hing Street, Cheung Chau);
- Tung Chung (1/F, Tung Chung Post Office Building, 6 Mei Tung Street, Tung Chung, Lantau Island);
- Mui Wo (G/F, Mui Wo Government Offices, 2 Ngan Kwong Wan Road, Mui Wo, Lantau Island);
- Kwai Tsing (2/F, Kwai Hing Government Offices Building, 166-174 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Chung);
- North (G/F, North District Government Offices, 3 Pik Fung Road, Fanling);
- Sai Kung (2/F, Sai Kung Government Offices Building, 34 Chan Man Street, Sai Kung);
- Tseung Kwan O (1/F, King Lam Neighbourhood Community Centre, King Lam Estate, Tseung Kwan O);
- Sha Tin (G/F, Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin);
- Tai Po (G/F, Tai Po Government Offices Building, 1 Ting Kok Road, Tai Po);
- Tsuen Wan (1/F, Tsuen Wan Station Multi-Storey Carpark Building, 174-208 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan);
- Tuen Mun (Podium Floor, Tuen Mun Government Offices, 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun); and
- Yuen Long (G/F, Yuen Long District Office Building, 269 Castle Peak Road, Yuen Long).
For enquiries on the “Exhibition on China's First Spacewalk Mission" and "Hong Kong Welcomes the Delegation of Shenzhou-7 Manned Space Mission Variety Show”, please call 1823 or visit the website of the Hong Kong Science Museum (http://hk.science.museum) and the dedicated website for this visit (www.isd.gov.hk/shenzhou7).
Ends/Friday, November 28, 2008
(1) Publicity poster for visit of Shenzhou-7 delegation.
(2) Publicity poster for visit of Shenzhou-7 delegation.