Island East Sports Centre
Island East Sports Centre, which was commissioned in January 2001, is located at 52 Lei King Road, Sai Wan Ho (adjacent to the Hong Kong Film Archive). This is the first clubhouse type recreation centre managed by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department. The Sports Centre provides a wide range of leisure facilities for booking by members of the public and organisations during the opening hours. Moreover, the Sports Centre also organises various kinds of sports and recreation programmes each month for the public's participation.
- A multi-purpose arena is provided. It can be converted into 2 basketball courts/ 2 volleyball courts/ 6 badminton courts.
- 2 indoor sport climbing walls are provided. Each wall offers 1 lane. (Hirers should produce a certificate on valid sport climbing training Level II issued by the relevant national sports associations and be accompanied by at least one person with equivalent qualification during the course of the activity.)
- A dance room covering an area of 150 M2 is provided. (Ancillary facilities: wall mirrors, dance bars, sound equipment and gymnastic mats)
- 3 activity rooms covering an area of 78 M2 each are provided. (Ancillary facilities: wall mirrors, dance bars, sound equipment and gymnastic mats)
- A table tennis room with 4 table tennis tables is provided
- 3 indoor golf rooms are provided.
- 1 fitness room of 124 M2.
- A children's playroom is provided.
- An indoor bowling green with 4 rinks is provided. (2 rinks are equipped with wheelchair ramp for disabled persons)
- An indoor swimming pool including 1 training pool (10M x 25M), 1 leisure pool and 1 paddling (Training pool is equipped with a pool lift for disabled persons)
- 1 fee-charging car park accommodating 91 private cars (including 2 accessible parking space)
- Men's and ladies' changing rooms and toilets
- A first aid room
- Barrier Free Facilities: Accessible Toilet, Accessible Lift (with Assistive Listening System), Tactile Guide Path, Visual Fire Alarm System, Braille Directory Map/Floor Plan.
7am to 11pm daily (except maintenance days)
7am to 1pm on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month
(If a maintenance day falls on a public holiday, it will be rescheduled to the next working day.)
How to Access
- Sai Wan Ho Station (Exit A)
- No. 2 Central (HK-Macau Ferry Terminal) to Sai Wan Ho (Grand Promenade)
- No. 2X Exhibition Centre Station - Sai Wan Ho (Grand Promenade)
- No. 14 Stanley Fort (Gate) to Sai Wan Ho (Grand Promenade)
- No. 18X Kennedy Town (Belcher Bay) to Shau Kei Wan
- No. 77 Tin Wan to Shau Kei Wan
- No. 82 North Point Ferry Pier to Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- No. 99 South Horizons to Shau Kei Wan
- No. 102 Mei Foo to Shau Kei Wan
- No. 106 Wong Tai Sin to Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- No. 613 On Tai (West) (Wo Tai House) to Shau Kei Wan
- No. 682 Ma On Shan (Wu Kai Sha Station) to Chai Wan (East)
- No. 694 Tiu Keng Leng Station to Siu Sai Wan Estate
- No. 720 Central (HK-Macau Ferry Terminal) to Sai Wan Ho (Grand Promenade)
- No. 20 Chai Wan Industrial City to Grand Promenade
- No. 32 Kornhill to Shau Kei Wan Station
- No. 50 Yiu Tung Estate to MTR Sai Wan Ho Station
- No. 65 Fort Street, North Point to Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital
- No. 65X North Point Ferry Pier to Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital
- Happy Valley to Shau Kei Wan (Tai On Street Station)
- Western Market to Shau Kei Wan (Tai On Street Station)
- Kennedy Town to Shau Kei Wan (Tai On Street Station)
- Kwun Tong Public Pier to Sai Wan Ho Ferry Pier