|Parents should take heed of the following points:
||Children should be encouraged to choose the exercise they like.
- It is easier for them to develop the habit of doing exercise if they find the activities enjoyable.
- The exercise should be suitable for their age and physical development.
- Children should be encouraged to explore their interest in doing exercise and enjoy the fun.
- Children can engage in more than one type of exercise each time.
- Children should be encouraged to build exercise into everyday life, such as taking the stairs instead of escalators more often.
- It is preferable to do whole-body exercises, such as running, cycling and swimming
||Parents should choose an appropriate time to do exercise with their children.
||It is preferable to do exercise at favourite places such as a nearby park, sports ground or sports centre.
||Parents, other family members or friends can do exercise together with children.
||Proceed progressively and gradually extend the duration of exercise.
||Parents should express words of appreciation and encouragement if their children have shown progress after making an effort to do exercise (e.g. achieving weight loss or an increase in the amount of exercise).
||Keep a record of the amount of exercise each time in order to monitor the progress.