Conditions for Free Use of Leisure Facilities
- The hirer must be one of the users of the leisure facility booked. Before using the facility, the hirer is required to produce his/her identity document, a valid user permit and proof of recognised qualifications (if necessary) for checking.
- All leisure facilities shall be used for their designated purposes only.
- If a booked facility is not taken up by the hirer 10 minutes after the start of the booked session, it will be allocated to other users on a first-come-first-served basis on condition that it shall be used for the same purpose as that for which booking was made by the original hirer. The user shall surrender the facility back to the original hirer immediately upon the latter’s arrival. Queuing for use of vacant facilities will commence after the start of each session.
- The number of occasions on which a hirer is found “not having taken up the booked recreation and sports facility without cancellation of the booking one day before the start of the booked session” under Free Use of Leisure Facilities is counted on a day basis and regarded as one occasion, regardless of the number of sessions involved. A hirer who is found to have failed to take up the booked session without cancellation of booking on two occasions within a period of 60 days, will have his/her booking right (including advance booking and on-the-spot-booking) suspended for 90 days. The suspension will take effect two days after the second occasion.
- A hirer who is unable to take up a booked session should cancel the booked facility as soon as possible. Leisure Link Patron can cancel the booking through the Leisure Link online booking system one day before the start of the booked session(s). Non Leisure Link Patron can cancel the booking with his/her smart Hong Kong Identity Card through the Leisure Link Self-service Kiosks one day before the start of the booked session. A hirer who chooses to cancel the booking through booking counters is required to return the completed application form (LCS 841) by the latest 8:30 p.m. one day before the date of use. The above form can be obtained from the Leisure Link booking counters of LCSD leisure venues or downloaded from the LCSD website. Upon receipt of the written notification, the LCSD will cancel the booked session in the computer system and release the facility for booking or for use by others.
- To maximise the use of resources and ensure the safety of users, a hirer must make sure the requirements regarding the number of users and/or users’ qualifications are fully met. Failure to do so will entitle the LCSD to reallocate the booked leisure facility to other users on the spot. Walk-in applicants shall only use the facility for the same purpose as that for which booking was made by the original hirer.
- Activity Room/Dance Room/Games Room with an area of less than 100m2
The hirer is required to use the facility with at least 1 person.
- Activity Room / Dance Room/Games Room with an area of 100m2 or above
The hirer is required to use the facility with at least 3 persons.
- Indoor Basketball / Netball / Volleyball Court
The hirer is required to use the facility with at least 7 persons.
- Fitness Room
The hirer is required to be a registered User of Fitness Rooms of the LCSD.
- Sport Climbing Wall
The hirer and all partner(s) must hold a valid sport climbing training level 2 certificate or above issued by the NSAs concerned for the use of climbing facilities. If any of his / her partner(s) does not hold a valid sport climbing training level 2 certificate or above issued by the NSAs concerned, that person should be accompanied by the hirer and another partner in accordance with the requirement of Condition 4 above, one being a holder of a valid sport climbing training level 2 certificate or above and the other being a holder of a valid coach card issued by the NSAs concerned. The above certificate / coach card is to be presented for verification during registration at the check-in counter.
- Craft provided by Water Sports Centres
The hirer is required to produce proof of his/her qualifications for undertaking relevant activities when booking and collecting the craft (except for pedal-driven boat, sampan and colour boat provided by Chong Hing Water Sports Centre). A user aged under 14 must be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian or a person authorised by his/her parent/guardian, who shall also hold qualifications for undertaking relevant activities.
- Archery Range
The hirer must be accompanied by a minimum of 9 persons and a maximum of 21 persons when using the facility, including at least 1 instructor with recognised qualifications to give guidance on the spot. The archery instructor must be a holder of a valid and recognised archery coach certificate at Level 1 or above issued by the relevant national sports association. The instructor(s) accompanying the hirer is/are required to produce proof of qualification as coach when the hirer takes up the booked session. All users shall bring their own equipment and protective gear.
- Cycling Track at the Hong Kong Velodrome
Users must be holders of the Track Pass for the Hong Kong Velodrome. If a hirer books the track for “exclusive use”, he/she must be accompanied by a minimum of 2 persons and a maximum of 19 persons. The hirer must arrange for a track supervisor or a Level II Coach (Track Cycling) recognised by the Cycling Association of Hong Kong, China Ltd at the venue to supervise use of the track at the venue.
- Unless otherwise stated, all users of leisure facilities shall comply with the LCSD’s existing Conditions of Use of Recreation and Sports Facilities.
- There will be no reallocation of the leisure facilities if such are not available for use due to inclement weather or operational reasons.
- The procedure for block booking of leisure facilities by organisations remains unchanged and the usual hire charges apply.