We aim to promote the appreciation of film and media arts commensurate with Hong Kong's development as a world-class city and events capital.
Our mission is to :
- enrich life by providing quality and diversified film and media arts programmes for all;
- showcase the development and advancement of film and media arts;
- promote synergy with cultural institutes, consulates and film organizations in enhancing the appreciation of film and media arts;
- foster the community's interest in film and media arts through professional planning of film appreciation and educational programmes for children and youth; and
- promote creative independent productions of short films, videos, animations and media arts.
FILM ADVISERS 2016-18
Museum expert advisers are appointed by the Director of Leisure and Culture Services for a period of two years to provide professional advice to the museums of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department on matters pertaining to the promotion of art, history, science and film, in particular the acquisition of collection items.
Financial Figures and Attendance for 2015/16
I. Expenditure (HK$)
|2.Operating and Programme Costs||7,653,689|
II. Revenue (HK$)