1) What is the aim of the Best Landscape Award for Private Property Development 2020?
The Best Landscape Award for Private Property Development 2020 aims to bring about sustained improvement in the environment in private property developments and promote greening by giving recognition to private developments that excel in landscape design and horticultural maintenance and encouraging private bodies to incorporate more green elements of quality in the planning and management of horticultural efforts for the benefit of such developments.
2) How many categories are there?
The Award is presented in 5 categories. They are namely the categories of Large-Scale Domestic Property, Medium-scale Domestic Property, Small-scale Domestic Property, Large-scale Non-domestic Property and Small and Medium-scale Non-domestic Property. Nominated projects in each category are split into 3 divisions according to property age: below 6 years, between 6 and below 21 years, and 21 years or above.
3) What is the difference among the eligibility criteria for the categories of Large-Scale Domestic Property, Medium-scale Domestic Property and Small-scale Domestic Property?
Domestic properties nominated for the Award are categorised in accordance with their site area. Domestic properties with a site area of 20 000 square metres or above come under the category of Large-Scale Domestic Property. Those with a site area from 2 000 square metres to below 20 000 square metres fall under the category of Medium-scale Domestic Property. Those with a site area under 2 000 square metres fall under the category of Small-scale Domestic Property.
4) What is the difference between the eligibility criteria for the categories of Large-scale Non-domestic Property and Small and Medium-scale Non-domestic Property?
Non-domestic properties nominated for the Award are categorised in accordance with their gross floor area. Non-domestic properties with a gross floor area of 40 000 square metres or above fall under the category of Large-scale Non-domestic Property. Those with a gross floor area under 40 000 square metres come under the category of Small and Medium-scale Non-domestic Property.
5) How is the age of the property in an entry calculated?
The age of the property in an entry is calculated from the date the Occupation Permit (OP) is issued by the Building Authority of the Buildings Department to the deadline of nomination.
6) For properties completed in phases, how are nominating organisations to decide which division a property should come under?
If the entry comprises two or more phases, the nominating organisation should decide whether to nominate the project as one single entry or separate entries by phases. The age of the property is calculated based on the date the Occupation Permit (OP) is issued by the Building Authority of the Buildings Department.
7) Who is eligible to nominate entries?
Entries may be nominated by the developer/management company/design company/owners’ organisation/landscape or horticultural company of the property with prior consent from the owners’ representative group of the property concerned (if applicable).
8) May past awardees compete for this year’s Award?
9) What are the assessment criteria?
Other than one newly added criterion (i.e. “Use of new technology in maintenance”) regarding horticultural management and maintenance, the assessment criteria are basically the same as those for the Award in 2018. Details are as follows:
(a) Soft Landscape Design
(b) Horticultural Management and Maintenance
10) What should be submitted for adjudication?
(a) a completed nomination form;
(b) a CD/DVD with a completed nomination form (in TXT/DOC format), a set of design drawing of the entry (a maximum of 2 pages), a video showing the entry (no more than 60 seconds), no more than 30 numbers of photos with high resolution digital versions, general layout plans, general landscape layout plans and the plant list;
(c) a copy of the Occupation Permit (OP) issued by the Building Authority of the Buildings Department; and
(d) documentary proof of site area (only applicable to Domestic Property entries); or
(e) documentary proof of gross floor area (only applicable to Non-domestic Property entries).
11) When will the results be announced?
The results will be announced in June 2020.
12) How will the winners be informed of the results?
The Secretariat will notify the winners in writing or by e-mail.