Launched in December 1996, the OIC Programme provides short-term fundamental music training for people of different ages. Group lessons in Western and Chinese musical instruments and various music topics are conducted every week at venues across the territory. The next phase of OIC Programme will be conducted from March to August 2021. Listed below please find the details:
Recruitment for Outreach Music Interest Courses (Phase 49)
Stage 2 Recruitment (first-come-first-served from 5/3 to one week after the course commencement date)
For courses not fully taken up in Stage 1 recruitment, applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis from 5/3. Applicants (or their representatives) should bring along the following documents to any Music Office Music Centre for enrolment during the designated time.
|Enrolment Time:||Monday to Friday: 10:00am-12:00nn and 2:00pm-4:00pm (Public Holidays: Closed)|
|Documents:||1. Duly completed application form
2. Original/ photocopy of the applicant’s HKID Card
3. Tuition fee in the form of a crossed cheque made payable to “The Government of the HKSAR” (postdated cheque will not be accepted)
Each person is allowed to submit a maximum of 2 application forms and each applicant can apply for 1 course only. This restriction will be removed from 8/3. Trainees, who have successfully enrolled in Stage 1 recruitment, can also apply for classes with remaining quotas then.
Music Office Music Centres will distribute quota tags at 9:30am on 5/3^ and process the applications according to the order of tag numbers from 10:00am. If the Hong Kong Observatory issues a Red/ Black Rainstorm Warning Signal, Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal Pre-No.8 or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above, anytime during 7:00am - 9:30 am, or all Music Office Music Centres have to be closed due to special circumstance, the start of Stage 2 recruitment will be postponed to 8/3 (Monday). If the inclement weather / special circumstance continues, please observe the announcement on the Music Office website for the latest enrolment arrangements.
^ For enquiry about the payment method or the distribution points of quota tags, please feel free to contact Music Office Music Centres.
|Hong Kong Music Centre
9/F Hong Kong Arts Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, HK
|Tel: 2802 0657|
|Kwun Tong Music Centre
4/F Lam Tin Complex, 1 Hing Tin Street, Lam Tin, Kowloon
|Tel: 2796 2893|
|Mongkok Music Centre
10/F Mongkok Government Offices, 30 Luen Wan Street, Mongkok, Kowloon
|Tel: 2399 2200|
|Tsuen Wan Music Centre
1/F Tsuen Wan Government Offices, 38 Sai Lau Kok Road, Tsuen Wan, NT
|Tel: 2417 6429|
|Shatin Music Centre
7/F Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Shatin, NT
|Tel: 2158 6462|
Notes for Applicants
- In Stage 1 recruitment, all oversubscribed courses will be processed by ballot. The remaining quotas will be open to recruitment on a first-come-first-served basis. Details will be announced on the Music Office’s website on 22 February 2021.
- Every applicant will be assigned not more than 1 class. This restriction will be removed from the second day of Stage 2 recruitment. Trainees, who have successfully enrolled in Stage 1 recruitment, can also apply for classes with remaining quotas.
- Before submitting applications, applicants should read carefully the latest course prospectus for recruitment requirements, age limit and requisite musical standard prescribed for the respective courses. Applicants who fail to meet the requirements will be disqualified, and no refund of tuition fee will be made.
- The age of applicants will be based on 16 March 2021.
- Upon submitting the application form, the applicant is deemed to have fully understood and agreed to comply with all rules in connection with the admission and attendance of Outreach Music Interest Courses of the Music Office.
- Admission is at the discretion of the Music Office.
- A receipt & a Trainee Memorandum will be issued to the applicants after their payment of tuition fees. Applicants should immediately check against the information on the receipt. No separate letter of acceptance will be issued. Trainees are expected to be present for classes at the time and venue indicated in the Memorandum & should bring along the receipt to the first lesson and keep it until the end of the course.
- The Music Office reserves the right to change the instructor, time and venue of the course and cancel the whole course or individual lessons under special circumstances. The applicants concerned will be notified and refunded for course/ lesson thus cancelled. The applicants concerned should retain the original payment receipt for refund.
- There shall be no refund or transfer of course fees for applicants who withdraw from the course.
- Postdated cheque will not be accepted. In the case of a dishonored cheque, the enrolment will be cancelled without further notice to the applicant and the Music Office will reserve the right to take legal and/or administrative actions.
- Applications by telephone or fax are not accepted.
- The Outreach Music Interest Courses aim to provide short-term basic musical training for people of different ages. Trainees who have completed the training and wish to continue with their studies should seek learning opportunities in the community or could approach their instructors for advice.
- The Music Office reserves the right to amend the above terms and conditions without prior notice.
Medium of Instruction
- A trainee shall attend the lessons in person and shall not ask another person to take his/her place or accompany him/her during lessons.
- A trainee shall not change class without permission; otherwise, his/her right of attendance will be terminated and no refund of tuition fee will be made.
- Trainees shall present their payment receipts and identification documents (e.g. Identity Card or Student Card) for verification upon request.
- Except for the keyboard classes, trainees of the Multi-genre Music Series and Ensemble Series shall bring along their own musical instruments to classes. No musical instrument rental, loan or storage service will be provided.
- Trainees shall be punctual in class. Arriving late and/or leaving early for more than a quarter of the class time shall be regarded as absent.
- A trainee shall not be absent from class without a valid reason as absenteeism adversely affects learning progress. The Music Office will not arrange make-up class or refund for absentees.
- The Music Office reserves the rights to change the class arrangement (e.g. instructor, time and venue of the course) due to contingency. Trainees have no right to oppose the same.
- Instructors will give lessons according to the syllabus. Minor changes may, however, be made with reference to the musical standard of the majority of trainees in the class.
- No eating, drinking or smoking is allowed in the class.
- Please switch off the mobile phones and any other sound and light emitting devices in the class.
- A trainee shall take good care of the facilities in the classroom, behave in an orderly manner, show respect for instructors, and observe all rules laid down by the Music Office and the Laws of Hong Kong. Otherwise, the Music Office reserves the right to remove him from class, and refund of tuition fee will not be made. Besides, a trainee is liable to compensation for damages to public property.
- Neither the Music Office nor the course instructors will order books, musical instruments, etc. for the trainees. Course instructors will only provide objective, professional advice for trainees’ reference in connection with the selection of musical instruments.
- All trainees have to use the original copy of textbook /& workbook in the class.
- The Music Office reserves the rights to make and retain audio and visual recordings of the trainees' performance in the class or other functions held by the Music Office for the purposes of archive, reference and publicity of Music Office’s related activities.
Holidays and Suspension of Classes
- Classes will be suspended & postponed accordingly during public holidays (except Sundays). No separate notifications will be issued.
- Classes will be suspended & postponed accordingly when the Music Office fails to arrange a substitute for any instructor who is absent due to an emergency.
- Classes will be suspended & postponed when the classrooms are not available. If the venues are suddenly closed due to emergency, the Music Office will inform the trainees through SMS as soon as possible. The Music Office will not arrange another make-up class or refund for individual trainee who is unable to attend the scheduled makeup.
- Classes will be cancelled without notification when #:
- the Hong Kong Observatory issues a Red/Black Rainstorm Warning anytime during the three-hour period before class;
- the Hong Kong Observatory issues a "Pre-No. 8 Special Announcement” or hoists Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above anytime during the three-hour period before class.
- In the event that the Education Bureau announces a closure of all schools due to special circumstances (e.g. extreme weather or epidemic situation), please observe the announcement on the Music Office’s website or contact the Music Office for the latest class arrangements.
# No make-up class or refund will be arranged for classes cancelled due to inclement weather. Instructors will then adjust the teaching plan accordingly.
Preventive Measures against COVID-19 and other Infectious Diseases
- Trainees have to check their body temperatures before going to class. If having fever or respiratory symptoms, avoid going to class and seek medical advice immediately.
- Trainees are requested to wear their own masks in the teaching venues and clean hands by rubbing with alcohol-based handrub before lesson.
- For the classes conducted at the Music Centres, instructors will check the body temperatures of trainees before lesson. For the classes conducted at other venues, there is temperature screening upon entering the premises. Any persons with fever or respiratory symptoms will be asked to leave the premises and seek medical assistance immediately.
- Trainees are required to submit the completed “Declaration Form for Travel History and Health Status of Trainees” to the instructors in the first lesson. (For those who have contracted the virus and have recovered and for those who have classified as a “close contact of an infected person” with COVID-19, if they are still under the 14-day compulsory quarantine period, they have to inform the Music Office and refrain from going to class.)
- To avoid crowd gathering and lower the infective risk, trainees have to leave the teaching venues right after class.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of Attendance will be issued to those trainees with attendance rates of 80% or above. Eligible trainees should collect the certificates in October and November 2021 by presenting their payment receipts at the respective music centres. Trainees who fail to collect the certificates during the collection period are deemed to have given up the same, and reissuance will not be made by the Music Office.
3842 7773；2596 0898；2598 8335 email@example.com