Queen's College‧Hong Kong‧China: History and Memories of 145 Years
19/11/2007 – 3/12/2007
Exhibition Gallery 1-3, Hong Kong Central Library
Jointly presented by the Hong Kong Museum of History, Queen's College and Queen's College Old Boys' Association
Queen's College, originally named the Central School, was the first government school set up in Hong Kong in 1862. First located in Gough Street, Central, western education was provided to both Chinese students and foreign students. In 1889, the new school building at the junction of Aberdeen street and Hollywood Road opened and the school was known as Victoria College. It was renamed Queen's College in 1894 and moved to the present site in Causeway Bay in 1950. Queen's College has many notable alumni who contributed much to Hong Kong as well as China in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. They included Sun Yat-sen, Liao Zhongkai, Wang Chonghui, Chow Shouson, Robert Ho Tung, Ho Kai and Lee Hysan.
To mark the 145th anniversary of Queen's College this year, the Hong Kong Museum of History, Queen's College and queen's College Old Boys' Association jointly presented this exhibition. With rich exhibits, photos and multimedia programmes, it outlined the development of the school and the contributions made by the alumni to both China and Hong Kong.