Conditions of Use
- The hirer must be one of the users of the leisure facility booked. Before using the facility, the hirer is required to produce his/her identity document, a valid user permit and proof of recognised qualifications (if necessary) for checking.
- All leisure facilities shall be used for their designated purposes only.
- If a booked facility is not taken up by the hirer 10 minutes after the start of the booked session, it will be allocated to other users on a first-come-first-served basis on condition that it shall be used for the same purpose as that for which booking was made by the original hirer. The user shall surrender the facility back to the original hirer immediately upon the latter’s arrival. Queuing for use of vacant facilities will commence after the start of each session.
- If a hirer fails to take up a booked session without cancelling the booking in advance, he/she shall be deemed to have failed to take up a booked session on one occasion and shall be subject to the existing “no-show” penalty on individual hirers. Under the existing arrangement, any hirer who fails to take up a booked session on two occasions without prior cancellation within 30 days will be suspended from booking fee-charging leisure facilities for 90 days.
- If a hirer is unable to take up a booked session, he/she should cancel the booking as early as possible. A hirer who has registered as a Leisure Link patron may cancel his/her booking via the Internet before the booked session starts. If the hirer is not a Leisure Link patron, he/she can cancel the booking at any Leisure Link Self-service Kiosk before the start of the session, or submit a completed “Application for Cancellation of Booking”, together with the user permit and the original or a photocopy of the hirer’s identity document, in person or by proxy at the booking counter of any LCSD leisure venue at least 30 minutes before the session starts (and at the latest before 8:30 pm for booked sessions starting at 9 pm or later). Upon receipt of the written notification, the LCSD will cancel the booking record in the computer system and release the facility for booking or for use by others. The form of “Application for Cancellation of Booking” can be obtained from the booking counters of LCSD leisure venues or downloaded from the LCSD website.
- To maximise the use of resources and ensure the safety of users, a hirer must make sure the requirements regarding the number of users and/or users’ qualifications are fully met. Failure to do so will entitle the LCSD to reallocate the booked leisure facility to other users on the spot. Walk-in applicants shall only use the facility for the same purpose as that for which booking was made by the original hirer.
- Activity Room / Dance Room / Games Room with an area of less than 100m2
The hirer is required to use the facility with at least 1 person.
- Activity Room / Dance Room / Games Room with an area of 100m2 or above
The hirer is required to use the facility with at least 3 persons.
- Indoor Basketball / Netball / Volleyball Court
The hirer is required to use the facility with at least 7 persons.
- Fitness Equipment
The hirer is required to be a registered “User of LCSD Fitness Rooms”.。
- Sport Climbing Wall
The hirer is required to hold and produce a valid and recognised Sport Climbing Training Certificate at Level 2 or above issued by the relevant national sports association, and must be accompanied by at least 1 person with equivalent qualifications or above when using the facility.
- Golf Practice Green
The hirer is required to hold and produce (a) a Practice Green User Card issued by the LCSD; or (b) a membership card of the Hong Kong Professional Golfers’ Association or proof of equivalent qualifications; or (c) a valid handicap card issued by the Hong Kong Golf Association or proof of equivalent qualifications.
- Craft provided by Water Sports Centres
The hirer is required to produce proof of his/her qualifications for undertaking relevant activities when booking and collecting the craft (except for pedal-driven boat, sampan and colour boat provided by Chong Hing Water Sports Centre). A user aged under 14 must be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian or a person authorised by his/her parent/guardian, who shall also hold qualifications for undertaking relevant activities.
- Rope Course / Archery Range
The hirer must be accompanied by a minimum of 9 persons and a maximum of 19 persons when using the facility, including at least 1 instructor with recognised qualifications (plus an assistant instructor for the rope course) to give guidance on the spot. The archery instructor must be a holder of a valid and recognised archery coach certificate at Level 1 or above issued by the relevant national sports association. The instructor(s) accompanying the hirer is/are required to produce proof of qualification as coach when the hirer takes up the booked session. All users shall bring their own equipment and protective gear.
- Cycling Track at the Hong Kong Velodrome
Users must be holders of the Track Pass for the Hong Kong Velodrome. If a hirer books the track for “exclusive use”, he/she must be accompanied by a minimum of 2 persons and a maximum of 19 persons. The hirer must arrange for a track supervisor or a Level II Coach (Track Cycling) recognised by the Cycling Association of Hong Kong, China Ltd at the venue to supervise use of the track at the venue.
- Unless otherwise stated, all users of leisure facilities shall comply with the LCSD’s existing Conditions of Use of Recreation and Sports Facilities.
- There will be no reallocation of the leisure facilities if such are not available for use due to inclement weather or operational reasons.
- The procedure for block booking of leisure facilities by organisations remains unchanged and the usual hire charges apply.