Fountain

 

The original Fountain was built in 1864 when the Gardens was opened, forming a focal point of the Gardens. The Fountain, about sixty feet in diameter, featured a tiered central column some twenty feet tall imported from the United Kingdom. It was dismantled in 1932 to facilitate the construction of an underground reservoir. Having undergone in situ reconstruction and alteration over the years, including the last renovation in 2010, the Fountain remains an important landmark of the Gardens.

Photo taken in 1865-70 Photo taken in 1950s
Photo taken in 1865-70   Photo taken in 1950
Photo taken in 1982 Photo taken in 2009
Photo taken in 1982 Photo taken in 2009
Fountain
Top