|Introduction:||Situated next to Butterfly Beach in Tuen Mun, the camp site not only enjoys a magnificent view but is easily accessible as well. It is an ideal camping site for the public to spend their leisure time.|
Campers in the district may take Light Rail route nos. 610, 615 or 615P to Melody Garden, and walk for a few minutes to the camping site.
|No. of Camp Bays:||9|
Other than the specified dates (Note 1), the camp bays at Butterfly Beach Park Camping Site are available for use by making on-site application at the Park office.
1. The camp places at Butterfly Beach Park Camping Site are available for use upon on-site application on a first-come-first-served basis (excluding holiday periods such as the Labour Day, National Day and Lunar New Year). Applicants must be aged 18 or above and hold a Hong Kong Identity Card (for Hong Kong residents) or a valid travel document (for non-Hong Kong residents).
2. Each successful applicant will be assigned one camp place for a period of no more than four consecutive days. Campers should check in no earlier than 11:00 am, and check out before 10:00 am on the day of departure.
3. The campsite is closed on Fridays from 11:00 am to 11:00 am the following day for cleansing and maintenance. Campers are required to check out and leave the campsite with all personal belongings by 10:00 am on Fridays. Any personal belongings left behind by campers will be treated as found property. If the Fridays falls on a public holiday, the campsite will be open as usual and the weekly cleansing and maintenance will be rescheduled for the next working day.
4. Applicants are required to complete the application form and sign the declaration undertaking to comply with the Pleasure Grounds Regulation (Cap. 132 BC) and the conditions of use of this campsite. They should produce their Hong Kong Identity Cards and valid travel documents for verification when making on-site applications. During their stay, campers may be required to present their identity documents for verification by our staff.
5. The information provided on the application form will be used for application processing and statistics compilation by authorised officers only. The use of forged identity documents will result in the application being rejected, and the forged documents will be handed over to law enforcement departments for follow-up action.
6. The camp place/permit for use of the campsite is not transferable. The applicant must be present throughout the camp period.
7. Camp places at this campsite are for use by individuals for camping only. Persons found engaging in commercial activities at the campsite or breaching the conditions of use will be prohibited from using the campsite.
8. Successful applicants should erect their tents at the assigned camp place/designated camping area within 1 hour after checking in, or their registration will be cancelled and the camp place/camping area will be released to other campers.
9. Campers should:
(i) look after the children and persons with disabilities in their care;
(ii) take care of their personal belongings; and
(iii) erect their tents in the designated camping area.
10. In order to protect the environment and keep the campsite clean and tidy, please:
(i) dispose of rubbish at the Rubbish Collection Point;
(ii) hang your washing on the clothes lines;
(iii)save water; and
(iv)keep the noise down between 11:00 pm and 8:00 am.
11. Campers shall NOT:
(i) erect tents outside the designated camping area;
(ii) use tents that exceed 6 square metres in size;
(iii) allow their tents or tent ropes to block the paths or cause a nuisance to others;
(iv) light fires outside the designated barbecue area;
(v) smoke, consume alcohol, gamble, boil wax, bring barrow, cycle or climb trees in the campsite; and
(vi) bring pets or birds.
Offenders may be prosecuted.
12. Inclement weather
(i) The campsite will be temporarily closed if Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 or above or Red or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued by the Hong Kong Observatory. In addition, the campsite facilities may, for safety or operational reasons, be closed at the management’s discretion if they are deemed not suitable for use. In any of the above cases, campers shall leave the campsite as soon as is safe.
(ii) Campers and visitors are advised to stay indoors or under shelter during thunderstorms.
(iii) Campers will not be allocated with another camp place if they fail to use the assigned camp place within the specified period due to adverse weather or other special circumstances.
13. Breach of the Conditions of Use and Penalty
Applicant who has found to have breach the above conditions twice within a period of 30 days, LCSD will issue notification letter to the applicant and inform his booking right will be suspended for 30 days.
14. Rights Reserved
The Leisure and Cultural Services Department reserves the right to amend the Conditions of Use of Camp Places at Butterfly Beach Park Camping Site at any time without prior notice.
Tuen Mun District Leisure Services Office of Leisure and Cultural Services Department
|Address:||3/F, Tuen Mun Government Offices Building No. 1, Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun, N.T.|
|Office hours:||Monday to Friday||8:30 am to 6:15 pm|
|Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays||Closed|
|Butterfly Beach Park|
|Address:||Area 45, Lung Mun Road, Tuen Mun|
|Office hours:||8:00 am to 5:00pm daily|
Cleansing and maintenance are carried out at Butterfly Beach Park Camping Site on Friday from 11:00 am to 11:00 am the following day. Campers are required to check out and leave the campsite by 10:00 am on Friday, and clear away all personal belongings before leaving.
If the Friday falls on a public holiday, the campsite will be open as usual and the weekly cleansing and maintenance will be rescheduled for the next working day. For enquiries, please contact the staff of the Butterfly Beach Park Office.
For enhanced management of the Campsite facilities, LCSD has continued the advance booking arrangement for camp bays at Butterfly Beach Park Camping Site for three mainland festive holidays, namely Labour Day, National Day and Chinese New Year by local residents.
Local residents who wish to use the campsite on any of the specified dates (Note 1) may submit their application forms according to the special booking arrangements. The 9 camp bays in the campsite will be allocated by drawing lots. Each applicant may book one camp bay only for not more than 3 consecutive nights. The applicant is required to produce his/her identity card and a confirmation letter / permit for use of the campsite for verification when checking in. Unreserved camp bays are available for use by local residents and tourists by making a registration at the Park office on a first-come-first-served basis.
Local residents may submit their application forms within the specified dates. (Note 1) Completed application form should be submitted in person or by post to the Tuen Mun District Leisure Services Office of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department at 3/F, Tuen Mun Government Offices Building, No. 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun, New Territories.
Each applicant may apply to use one camp bay only for a maximum consecutive period of 4 days and 3 nights. Repeated applications will not be processed.
|(i) Lunar New Year Holiday:|
|To be announced|
(ii) Labour Day Holiday:
To be announced
|(1)||Camping dates:||Between 27 April and 2 May 2019|
|(2)||Dates for submission of application:||27 March to 3 April 2019|
|(3)||Date and place of the draw:||Lots will be drawn at 10:00 a.m. on 10 April 2019 at Conference Room, 4/F, Tuen Mun Government Offices Building, 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun. Members of the public are welcome to attend.|
|(4)||Announcement date of the result:||17 April 2019|
|(5)||List of successful applicants:|
|(6)||List of unreserved camp bays:||
(iii) National Day Holiday:
|Camping dates:||Between 25 September and 14 October 2019|
|Dates for submission of application:||21 August to 28 August 2019|
|Date and place of the draw:||Lots will be drawn at 10:00 a.m. on 4 September 2019 at Conference Room 3A, 3/F, Tuen Mun Government Offices Building, 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun. Members of the public are welcome to attend.|
|Announcement date of the result:||10 September 2019|
|List of successful applicants:|
|List of unreserved camp bays:||
To be announced
Note 1：Lunar New Year Holiday, Labour Day Holiday and National Day Holiday