- We pledge to provide facilities that foster public participation in recreational and sports activities, and to organise a wide range of programmes that enrich the quality of life of the community.
- We pledge to maintain hire charges and programme fees at a level affordable to the general public. We will continue to offer concessionary rates for the elderly, full-time students, people under the age of 14, and persons with disabilities together with their carers.
- We pledge to provide, manage and maintain safe and high-quality recreation and sports facilities for the general public.
- We pledge to provide civic centre facilities and cultural and entertainment programmes, and to promote the development and appreciation of the performing and visual arts.
- We pledge to provide quality services for all library users that meet the community's need for knowledge, information and research; to support life-long learning, continuous education and the profitable use of leisure time; and to promote reading and local literary arts.
- We pledge to preserve the local cultural heritage and to promote its appreciation by providing and developing museum and related services. We will focus our conservation efforts on antiquities and monuments, and promote heritage education and appreciation. We will also promote the visual arts and Hong Kong artists and, through a variety of education activities, help foster a sense of identity among the people of Hong Kong.