To strive for a barrier-free museum, the Hong Kong Space Museum is committed to providing equal access for all so that everyone can fully participate and enjoy their visits to the museum. We shall pay attention to the needs and constraints of persons with disabilities in using the museum facilities and offer them suitable assistance.
Currently, barrier-free facilities and services provided at the Hong Kong Space Museum include:
- A Braille and Tactile Floor Plan at the main entrance
- Tactile guide paths at the entrance and the foyer leading to both the Space Theatre and the Exhibition Hall on the first floor
- An enquiry counter with height suitable for wheelchair users at the foyer
- An induction loop system installed at the box office, the enquiry counter and the entrance of the Space Theatre for hearing impaired persons
- An accessible toilet on the Ground Floor foyer
- Braille indicators in the passenger lift and on staircase railings
- Audio and visual signals in the fire alarm system
- Designated spaces convenient for wheelchair users (4 in Lecture Hall and 4 in Space Theatre)
The Access Officer of the Hong Kong Space Museum is Ms Joyce Chan, Manager (Space Museum), who can be contacted at 2734 2707 during office hours (9:15 am to 1pm & 2pm to 6:03 pm on Mon to Fri) . During non-office hours, please call our Duty Manager at 6022 0913.