- We provide world-class museum facilities and services and make the Museum a regional astronomy and space science education centre.
Our Mission is to:
- To enrich our community life by providing high quality museum services and a lifelong learning environment for all.
- To deliver professionalism and excellence in our museum services.
- To provide multi-lingual planetarium shows and exhibitions that foster community interest in astronomy and space science, and that promote cultural exchange.
- To provide activities that establish the museum as an astronomy education centre.
- To provide a safe, clean, comfortable and friendly environment that generates high levels of visitor satisfaction.
- To establish superior collections reflecting our regional heritage in astronomy and space science.
- To build and maintain a highly motivated, committed and satisfied workforce.
We achieve our mission by embracing these core values:
- Visitor focus
- Continuous improvement
Scope of Collections
- Display materials of historical or popular interest for public viewing, such as meteorite specimens, artifacts and models, antique instruments, or replica of spacecraft; and
- Research and reference materials such as astronomical films, slides, tapes and literature for programme productions, extension activities or improvment of existing facilities.