|Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb Museum Special Opening Arrangements|
The Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb Museum is now implementing special arrangements as follows:
* Admissions are limited to avoid overcrowding.
* Facility hygiene is strengthened by regular disinfection of all public areas. Sanitising mats and alcohol hand sanitisers are provided.
* All visitors are required to have their body temperature checked at the entrance. Those showing signs of fever will not be admitted.
* All visitors are requested to bring and wear a mask to protect themselves and others.
* Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
The museum will review the situation and adjust relevant preventive measures as necessary.
The Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb was discovered in 1955 when the Government was levelling a hill slope at the Lei Cheng Uk Village for the construction of resettlement buildings. According to its structure, inscriptions on the tomb bricks and tomb finds, it is believed that the tomb was built in the Eastern Han dynasty (AD 25 - 220). The tomb was declared as a gazetted monument in 1988 and is preserved permanently thereafter. Though it is closed to the public for conservation reasons, visitors can still have a glimpse of the interior of the tomb through the glass panel at the entrance passage.
(Note: The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change with the transportation companies' announcement as final.)
Currently, barrier-free facilities and services provided at Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb Museum are:
* A barrier-free ramp at the main entrance
* Tactile guide path and Braille and tactile floor plan at the gallery
* Automatic door at the main entrance
* Enquiries counter suitable for wheelchair users
* Assistive listening system at the enquiries counter
* Audio and visual signals of the emergency alarm system
You are welcome to contact Ms Noelle Ng, the Assistant Curator I (Archaeology) of the Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb Museum at 2724 9027 during office hours (9am to 1pm & 2pm to 5:48pm on Mon to Fri) or call the Duty Officer at 2386 2863 during non-office hours.