- Shortlist Announcement - Sig. Tune for HKMoA: Creative Music Programme
- Hong Kong Museum of Art to re-open in November 2019
- New Donation of Wu Guanzhong's paintings and personal archives
- New Donation of the Chih Lo Lou Collection of Chinese Painting and Calligraphy
- Our Memories – 55th Anniversary of the Hong Kong Museum of Art Online Exhibition
- Growing City ‧ Growing Home
- New initiatives for the museums of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department
- Museum Transformation
- It's All About Sharing
- In Touch with Hong Kong Artists – A School-based Art Learning Pilot Programme
- Follow MA on Instagram @hongkongmuseumofart!
- The Sound of Art — Museum Sunday Concert Series
Shortlist Announcement - Sig. Tune for HKMoA: Creative Music Programme
Presented by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department
Updates! Shortlist Announcement
‘Sig. Tune for HKMoA: Creative Music Programme' is a prelude for the re-opening of the Hong Kong Museum of Art (HKMoA) this November. Combining music and visual arts, this programme provides a cross disciplinary learning and creative opportunity for young people to make their debut. The programme received enthusiastic responses from young people with a total of 194 applications.
Comprising Mr Chiu Tsang-hei, music mentor of this programme, and curators of the HKMoA, the adjudication panel has selected 21 applicants (including a duo) to take part in the audition to be held at the museum on 16 March (Saturday). The HKMoA will notify all finalists individually. They will perform or play a two-minute work expressing the theme "world of contrasts" in the audition and at least 4 participants will be selected to join the mentorship programme in the next stage. The final result will be announced immediately after the audition.
The selected participants will become mentees of the renowned Chiu Tsang-hei in the half-year mentorship programme. They will also gain knowledge about the museum collections (the four core collections: Hong Kong Art, Chinese Fine Art, Chinese Antiquities, China Trade Art) from museum curators' sharing. The museum and its collection will become inspiration for their creation of signature tunes, aka. Sig. Tunes, which will be broadcasted at the reopening exhibition of HKMoA and on various media channels to promote the museum's new identity.
(I) Shortlist (in alphabetical order of surname):
(II) Programme Schedule
Phone: (852) 2734 2176 / 2734 2152