- Sig. Tune for HKMoA: Creative Music Programme
- Hong Kong Museum of Art to re-open in November 2019
- New Donation of Wu Guanzhong's paintings and personal archives
- New Donation of the Chih Lo Lou Collection of Chinese Painting and Calligraphy
- Our Memories – 55th Anniversary of the Hong Kong Museum of Art Online Exhibition
- Growing City ‧ Growing Home
- New initiatives for the museums of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department
- Museum Transformation
- It's All About Sharing
- In Touch with Hong Kong Artists – A School-based Art Learning Pilot Programme
- Follow MA on Instagram @hongkongmuseumofart!
- The Sound of Art — Museum Sunday Concert Series
Hong Kong Museum of Art to re-open in November 2019
Hong Kong Museum of Art, December 2018.
After a three-year meticulous renovation and expansion, the Hong Kong Museum of Art will be reopening in November 2019. Located at 10 Salisbury Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, a new glass façade presents a refreshed transparent design, which looks back onto the famous Victoria Harbour on Hong Kong Island. The renovation, undertaken by the Architectural Services Department, increases exhibition space from 7,000 m² to around 10,000 m².
In the renovation period, the Hong Kong Museum of Art received two world-class donations – collections from Chih Lo Lou Art Promotion (Non-profit Making) Ltd and the family of the celebrated artist Wu Guanzhong, with which the museum now boasts the biggest and most diverse collection of works by Wu in the world. The donations further developed the cultural offering and collection of the museum, enabling it to become Asia's premier art institution.
During the renovation period, a series of community engagement programming took place around the museum and within the community to build awareness of the programme and new audiences.
Further details will be announced in lead-up to opening.
Follow our progress and development via our social media channels, Facebook (@hkmuseumofart) and Instagram (@hongkong_museum_of_art). Please join the conversation using the hashtag #hongkong_museum_of_art.