Cantonese Opera was inscribed onto the UNESCO’s Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. How can the invaluable traditional art form of Cantonese Opera be preserved and passed on despite the challenges from modern entertainment and popular culture? We have invited veterans of Cantonese Opera and their mentees in this talk to share the pains and gains in their inheritance and transmission of the art.
In Cantonese. The running time of each talk is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Free admission and free seating.
Moderator: Ip Sai-hung
11.6.2022 (Sat) 3:00pm
Speakers: Law Ka-ying, Wan Yuk-yu, Chong Yuen-sin
11.7.2022 (Mon) 7:30pm
Speakers: Ko Yun-kuen, Ko Yun-hung, Ko Wing-hei
18.9.2022 (Sun) 11:00am
Speakers: Yuen Siu-fai, Lai Yiu-wai, Ng Lap-hei
The programme does not represent the views of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department.
The presenter reserves the right to change the programme and substitute artists.
Telephone Registration will be opened on 20 May 2022 (Fri) at 10am on a first come, first served basis!
1. Date & Time: from 10am on 1 Jun 2022 (Wed) till quota lasts. (Free admission and free seating. Limited seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.)
2. Telephone: 2268 7267 (Mon-Fri: 10am-1pm, 2-5:30pm; except public holidays)
3. Quota: Each person can reserve a maximum of two seats of each talk. Name and contact number are required upon registration.
4. Reserved seat(s) will be released if any registered person does not show up at the venue 5 minutes after the commencement of the talk.
5. The performance venue may adjust the admission rules and/or seating capacity/arrangement etc. as necessary for prevention of disease. Registered patrons may thus be denied admission in which case will be notified by email in advance.