Day Camp and Tent Camp Activities > Camper's Guide
Check-in and Check-out time for Day Camping and Tent Camping
||Day Camp ---------
||Check-in: 09:30 am
||Check-out: 4:45 pm
||Tent Camp ---------||Check-in: 2:30 pm
||Check-out: 12:30 pm (next day)
- Free transport service is provided by the Centre at scheduled time to take participants to and from Sai Kung town center and the Centre.
- Campers may also take bus route no. 94 to Pak Tam Chung, Sai Kung; Bus route no. 96R is available at Diamond Hill MTR station on Sundays and Public Holidays and then walk along Man Yi Road for 75 minutes 7 km to the Centre.
- Hire a "kaito" (ferry) at Sai Kung Pier.
- Take taxi to the centre.
- Chong Hing Water Sports Centre is situated in the restricted area of Sai Kung Country Park, All private vehicles without the permission of the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department are not allowed to enter the center through Pak Tam Ching Gate.
- Campers may order lunch boxes or barbecue packs from the canteen of Lady MacLehose Holiday Village through the Centre. For enquiries on the ordering procedures and meal fees, please contact the Center.
- Campers can prepare their own food at the Centre's kitchen. Which is equipped with a refrigerator, utensils, induction cookers and cutlery.
- Campers can bring their food for barbecue at the barbecue area.
- Soft drink vending machines also available at the Center. Please bring enough small change.
Tent Camping Equipment
- The Centre provides tents, mattresses and sleeping bags (winter or summer) for campers. Please bring your own torch if necessary.
- The Centre also offers various facilities and equipments for recreation activities such as ball games (basketball, football, badminton and volleyball), kite flying, shuttlecock, flying disc, various games and chess game etc. for free use by campers.
- For campers who wish to take part in archery and orienteering, please state the time they want to conduct such activities so that the Center can make arrangement as appropriate.
- Campers are welcome to reserve the campfire pit for activities, campers are encourage to collect the firewood by themselves.
Water Sports Activities
- All water sports participants must be able to swim and are physically fit for such activates.
- Sailing and windsurfing participants must produce *valid certificates fro verification by the Center staff. Participants aged below 14 must be accompanied by their parents/ guardians or persons authorized by their parents/ guardians when taking part in such activities and their parents/guardians must be the applicants.
*(Sailing - Holder of Sailing Basic Skill Certificate or equivalent)
*(Windsurfing -Holder of Basic Windsurfing Certificate or equivalent.)
*(Kayaking -Holder of Kayak 3-Star Award or Elementary Certificate Kayak)
- Participants can contact the Center in advance to arrange for instructors if they want to conduct kayaking and colour boat activities.
- Water sports participants must wear T-shirt, life jacket or buoyancy aid, and heel-protected and toe-covered rubber shoes. (Slippers or sandals are not suitable.)
- Participants must complete a Declaration for water sports activities. Those under 18 years old should submit the completed Declaration by Participant's Parents/Guardians or Persons Authorized by Participants' Parents/Guardians to the center staff on the day of the activity, otherwise they will not be allowed to take part in any water sports activities.
- The Center reserves the right to cancel the activities in case of inclement weather or thunderstorm. Compensatory session or refund to the affected users will be arranged.
- Booking of crafts should be confirmed by payment.
- Applicants who fail to meet the above requirements will not be allowed to use the crafts.
Arrangement under Inclement Weather
- If the Hong Kong Observatory at 7:00am announces that rainstorm black warning, typhoon signal No.3 or higher is hoisted, all day camp activities will be cancelled. If Hong Kong Observatory at 7:00am announces that typhoon signal No. 1 or higher, rainstorm red or black warning, all tent camp activities will be cancelled. Please keep the receipts and contact the center staff for reschedule or refund.
- If the weather becomes adverse during activity period, the Centre will have a sole discretion to decide whether the Centre is open for campers or not. If typhoon signal No. 3 is hoisted, the Centre will arrange the camper's departure under safe condition.
- If the Hong Kong Observatory announces that thunderstorm warning is effective, campers should report to the Center, the Centre staff shall have sole discretion to decide whether the activities should be held in the light weather condition. (Please contact the Centre staff at 2792 6810 for arrangement before you go to the Centre.)
- "Very High" Air Pollution Level (Air Pollution Index: 101 to 200) : Activities will be held as scheduled. The Environmental Protection Department advises participants with existing heart or respiratory illnesses (such as coronary heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases, asthma and chronic obstructive airways diseases including chronic bronchitis and emphysema) to reduce physical exertion and outdoor activities, to seek advice from a medical doctor before participating in sports activities and take more breaks during the activities. Children and the elderly are advised to reduce physical exertion and outdoor activities.
- "Severe" Air Pollution Level (Air Pollution Index: 201 to 500): Activities will be held as scheduled. The Environmental Protection Department advises participants with existing heart or respiratory illnesses (such as coronary heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases, asthma and chronic obstructive airways diseases including chronic bronchitis and emphysema), children and the elderly to avoid physical exertion and outdoor activities. The general public is advised to reduce physical exertion and outdoor activities, to seek advice from a medical doctor before participating in sports activities and take more breaks during the activities.
- Applicant should be aged 18 or above.
- Smoking, swimming, fishing and gambling are prohibited in the Centre.
- No activities should be allowed after 11:00 pm.
- If campers want to leave the Centre earlier, please inform the center staff for arrangement.
- Please return the borrowed equipment before leaving the Center. The Center reserves the right to claim compensation from the user, if the equipment is found damaged.
- Campers must return the equipment borrowed before leaving the Centre. In case of damage and loss of equipment, campers must report to the Center staff as soon as possible. The Center reserves the right to claim compensation from the campers for any damage or loss of equipment.
- Please do not bring valuables to centres and take care of your personal belongings. Users may bring their own padlocks for additional security on the lockers. All property stored in the lockers is at the usersíŽ own risk. The Leisure and Cultural Services Department is not responsible for any items stored in the lockers.