Day Camp and Tent Camp Activities > Camper's Guide
Check-in and Check-out time for Day Camping and Tent Camping
||Day Camp ---------
||Check-in: 09:30 am
||Check-out: 4:45 pm
||Tent Camp ---------||Check-in: 2:30 pm
||Check-out: 12:30 pm (of the following day)
- Free shuttle bus service is provided by the Centre at scheduled time to take participants from and to Sai Kung town centre and Chong Hing Water Sports Centre.
- Campers may also take bus route no. 94 to Pak Tam Chung, Sai Kung (Bus route no. 96R is available at Diamond Hill MTR station on Sundays and Public Holidays) and walk along Man Yi Road (7km) for around 75 minutes to the Centre.
- Hire a "kaito" (ferry) at Sai Kung Pier with early notification to the Centre.
- Take taxi to the centre.
- Chong Hing Water Sports Centre is situated in the restricted area of Sai Kung Country Park. All private vehicles without the permission of the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department are not allowed to enter the Centre through Pak Tam Chung Gate. (Taxi is exceptional)
- No canteen and food provided by the Centre, campers may order lunch boxes or barbecue packs from the canteen of Lady MacLehose Holiday Village through the Centre. For enquiries on the ordering procedures and meal fees, please contact the Centre.
- Campers can prepare their own food at the Centre's kitchen. The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, basic utensils, cutleries, induction cookers, microwave oven and oven. For safety reason, children are not allowed to use the equipment in kitchen.
- Campers can also bring their food for barbecue at the barbecue area.
- Drinking fountain and soft drink vending machines also available at the Centre. Please bring coins for using vending machines.
Tent Camping Equipment
- The Centre provides tents (around 3-4 persons), mats and sleeping bags for campers. Please bring your own torch.
- The Centre offers various free facilities and equipment to campers for recreation use, such as ball games (basketball, football, badminton and volleyball), kite flying, shuttlecock, flying disc, Chinese Billiard, various chess games and leisure readings etc.
- For campers who wish to take part in archery (centre will arrange archery activity upon request and there are at least 30 or above campers on the event day) and orienteering (no limitation), please state the preferred time to conduct such activities so that the Centre can arrange accordingly. Archery activity will be arranged at afternoon time for day campers, and the next day morning time for tent campers. Archery participants must be 8 years old or above and wear proper shoes, people who wear slippers or sandals are not allowed to join the archery activity.
- Campers are welcome to reserve the campfire pit for activities. Campers are encouraged to collect the firewood by themselves.
Water Sports Activities
- Participants must complete a Declaration for water sports activities. Those under 18 years old should submit the completed Declaration by Participant's Parents/Guardians or Persons Authorized by Participants' Parents/Guardians to the centre staff on or before the day of the activity, otherwise they will not be allowed to take part in water sports activities.
- All water sports participants must be able to swim with clothes for at least 50 metres and are physically fit for such activities.
- If participants without relevant qualification want to paddle recreation kayak, they should contact the Centre in advance. The Centre will arrange instructor to teach the participants if they hire at least 4 nos. of recreation kayak for 3 consecutive hours. Participants must be aged 8 or above.
- Kayaking, recreation kayaking, sailing and windsurfing participants must complete the payment of hiring and present *valid certificates for verification by the Centre staff before taking part in the above activities. Participants aged under 14 must be accompanied by their parents/ guardians or persons authorized by their parents/ guardians when taking part in such activities and their parents/guardians must be the applicants for such activities.
- *(Kayaking - at least 2 hirers who are holders of Kayak 3-Star Award or Elementary Certificate Kayak)
- *(Recreation Kayaking - holder of Kayak 3-Star Award or Elementary Certificate Kayak)
- *(Sailing - Holder of Sailing Basic Skill Certificate or equivalent that certified by HKSF)
- *(Windsurfing - Holder of Basic Windsurfing Certificate or equivalent that certified by WAHK)
- (Sampan and Colour boat - Participants must be aged 8 or above, aged under 14 must be accompanied by their parents/ guardians or persons authorized by their parents/ guardians)
- Water sports participants must wear T-shirt, life jacket or buoyancy aid, and heel-protected and toe-covered rubber shoes. (People who wear slippers or sandals are not allowed to participate in any kind of water sports activities)
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel the activities in case of inclement weather or thunderstorm.
- Booking of crafts should be confirmed by payment.
- For the safety reason, swimming and playing at the water front are not permitted in the artificial lake.
Arrangement under Inclement Weather
- Day Camp: If the Hong Kong Observatory at 7:00am announces that Black Rainstorm Warning Signal, Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.3 or higher is hoisted, all day camp activities will be cancelled.
- Tent Camp: If the Hong Kong Observatory at 7:00am announces that Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 1 or higher, Red and Black Rainstorm Warning Signals, all tent camp activities will be cancelled.
- Please keep the receipts and contact the Centre staff for reschedule or refund.
- If the weather becomes adverse during activity period, the Centre will have a sole discretion to decide whether the Centre is open for campers or not. The Centre will arrange the camper's departure under safe condition.
- If the Hong Kong Observatory announces that thunderstorm warning is effective, campers should still report to the Centre, the Centre staff shall have sole discretion to cancel certain activities for the sake of safety. To make enquiries of your booking about the arrangement under inclement weather.
- "Very High" Air Pollution Level (Air Pollution Index: 101 to 200) : Activities will be held as scheduled. The Environmental Protection Department advises participants with existing heart or respiratory illnesses (such as coronary heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases, asthma and chronic obstructive airways diseases including chronic bronchitis and emphysema) to reduce physical exertion and outdoor activities, to seek advice from a medical doctor before participating in sports activities and take more breaks during the activities. Children and the elderly are advised to reduce physical exertion and outdoor activities.
- "Severe" Air Pollution Level (Air Pollution Index: 201 to 500): Activities will be held as scheduled. The Environmental Protection Department advises participants with existing heart or respiratory illnesses (such as coronary heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases, asthma and chronic obstructive airways diseases including chronic bronchitis and emphysema), children and the elderly to avoid physical exertion and outdoor activities. The general public is advised to reduce physical exertion and outdoor activities, to seek advice from a medical doctor before participating in sports activities and take more breaks during the activities.
- If campers feel unwell during the course, they should stop the activities immediately and inform the instructor or our staff for assistance.
- Applicant must be aged 18 or above and attend during the camping period.
- Smoking, swimming, fishing, cycling, gambling, drinking alcoholic beverages, wax burning and the carry of pets and birds are prohibited in the Centre.
- For the safety reason, running and climbing is not allowed in the Centre.
- No activities should be allowed after 11:00 pm.
- If campers want to leave the Centre earlier, please inform the Centre staff for arrangement.
- Campers must return the equipment borrowed before departure. In case of damage and loss of equipment, campers must report to the Centre staff as soon as possible.
- The Centre reserves the right to claim compensation from the campers for any damage or loss of equipment.
- Campers must take care of your personal belongings, all valuables must be kept by campers°¶ themselves. The Centre provides locker for the participant. Participants can prepare $5 coin or bring a medium-sized padlock to use the locker. All property stored in the lockers is at the users°¶ own risk. The Leisure and Cultural Services Department is not responsible for any items stored in the lockers.
- No application for refund, change of programme or making substation is allowed after enrollment.