Leisure and Cultural Services Department
Non-Civil Service Vacancies
(When dollars are quoted in this web page, they are Hong Kong dollars. About HK$7.8 = US$1.)
Temporary Swimming Programme Assistant
$10,885 or $10,560 per month*
Applications are invited for the post of Temporary Swimming Programme Assistant (TSPA) at the public swimming pools of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department for the period from around March to October or November in the year 2013.
Applicants should have:
(a) completed Secondary 5 and Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) [Note (i)], or equivalent; preferably with Level 2 or equivalent or above in Physical Education in HKDSEE or HKCEE;
(b) at least one year full-time working experience after obtaining the academic qualification mentioned at Item (a) above [preferably with experience of organising recreational and sports activities (especially swimming classes) and/or managing staff]; and
(c) a good knowledge of the use of general computer software (including Microsoft Word and Excel) and Chinese and English typing skills.
(i) For non-civil service appointment purpose, 'Grade C' and 'Grade E' in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in previous HKCEE are accepted administratively as comparable to 'Level 3' and 'Level 2' respectively in the same subjects in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(ii) Those who possess the academic qualification of (a) above but without the working experience of (b) above or without the supporting documents of the working experience may also apply. The monthly salary of the successful applicants, if offered the appointment, will be adjusted to HK$10,560*.]
(a) To assist in the planning, promotion and organisation of swimming courses and programmes;
(b) To assist in the recruitment of swimming instructors and relevant part-time staff;
(c) To assist in supervising swimming instructors and relevant part-time staff for teaching in swimming courses and running programmes;
(d) To provide support services for swimming courses and programmes, such as hiring of facilities, swimming pools or swimming lanes, liaising with swimming instructors and trainees, arranging for the equipment and materials to be used in the courses and programmes, collecting fees and handling other routine administrative duties, etc.; and
(e) To answer enquiries and handle complaints.
The incumbents will be required to work 45 hours (excluding meal breaks) per week. They are also required to work shifts (including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) during the period from 6 am to 10:30 pm according to supervisors' arrangements and will be required to work overtime.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
How to Apply:
(1) Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 6/2012)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site ( http://www.csb.gov.hk
(2) Completed application forms should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date. Please specify on the envelope "Application for Temporary Swimming Programme Assistant". Applications which are incomplete will not be considered.
(3) Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation within 4 to 6 weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments and Establishment Unit,
Leisure Services Branch, 7/F., Leisure & Cultural Services Headquarters,
1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong
Closing Date for Application:
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao Daily: 30/11/2012 & 7/12/2012
Recruit: 30/11/2012 & 4/12/2012
General Notes for Non-Civil Service Posts
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address.
Please refer to the details here