Leisure and Cultural Services Department
Non-Civil Service Vacancies
(When dollars are quoted in this web page, they are Hong Kong dollars. About HK$7.8 = US$1.)
Temporary Filtration Plant Room Operator
HK$11,845 or $11,205 per month
The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) is inviting applications for the post of Temporary Filtration Plant Room Operator. The post holders will be required to work in the filtration plant room of any public swimming pool, swimming pool complex and recreation centre of the LCSD for the swimming season in 2013 (usually from mid-March to October/November).
(a) have a Chinese and English language standard up to Primary Six or equivalent;
(b) possess the basic knowledge and experience of electrical and plumber work; and
(c) preferably have at least one year's working experience in the filtration plant room of a swimming pool.
Notes: Those without supporting documents of the academic qualification of (a) above or without equivalent qualification may also apply, but they should be able to read and understand guidelines in Chinese and write simple Chinese and English and recognise common English words. The monthly salary of the successful applicant, if offered the appointment, will be adjusted to HK$11,205.
(1) Operation of the filtration plant, ozone disinfection system, chlorinators and other relevant apparatus;
(2) Testing and adjusting the chemical content of the pool water to the required level;
(3) Ensuring that the operation of the plant is in order;
(4) Lubricating and greasing the machines/equipment in the plant where necessary;
(5) Minor repairing work to all fittings and equipment; and
(6) Keeping stock of tools and chemicals in the plant.
The conditioned working hours are 45 hours per week. The incumbent is required to work 7 1/2 hours per day (excluding meal breaks). He/she is required to work shifts during the period from 6:00 am to 10:15 pm according to supervisors' arrangements or to work overtime. He/She is also required to work on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Terms of Appointment:
Applicants will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch, 8/F., Leisure & Cultural Services Headquarters, 1-3 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong
Closing Date for Application:
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao : 23/11/2012 & 30/11/2012
Apple Daily: 24/11/2012 & 1/12/2012
Oriental Daily: 24/11/2012 & 1/12/2012
How to Apply:
(1) Application Forms (G.F. 340 (Rev. 6/2012)) are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site ( http://www.csb.gov.hk
(2) Completed application forms should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date. Please specify on the envelope "Application for NCSC Temporary Filtration Plant Room Operator". Applications which are incomplete, or late, or submitted by fax or email, or not duly signed, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
(3) Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in 4-6 weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Please refer to the details here