I | Annex II | Annex
Proposed Good Practices to Operational
Staff and Contractors
- Choose energy efficient electrical appliances.
- Do without unnecessary electrical appliances, e.g. electric pencil sharpener.
- Use power-saving light bulbs.
- Reduce lighting to minimum level required for illumination.
- Switch off the air-conditioner and lights on leaving the room.
- Use lead-free petrol.
- Switch off vehicles or machines when not in use.
- Save paper, print or photocopy only when necessary.
- Write on both sides of every piece of paper before throwing it away.
- Reuse envelopes.
- Send waste paper for recycling.
- Use your own cup. Avoid throw-away paper cup and other utensils.
- Separate garbage in paper, can and bottle and send them to collection centers for recycling.
- Reuse polythene bags if possible.
- Put used batteries in litterbins. Do not leave them outdoor or throw them into water.
- No smoking in public places.
- Save water. Turn off water taps when not in use. Repair leaked water taps as soon as possible.
- Minimize copies of circulars (e.g. by circulating a copy to staff).
- Reuse loose minute jackets.
- Avoid use of fax leader pages.
- Minimize copies of flimsies and reference copies at meetings.
- Photocopy on both sides of every piece of paper as far as possible.
- Photocopy on the unused side of waste paper for internal use documents.