- We pledge to provide facilities to foster public participation in recreational and sports activities, and to organise a wide range of programmes to enrich the quality of life of the community.
- We pledge to maintain hire charges and programme fees at a level affordable to the general public. Concessionary rates for the elderly, full-time students, people under the age of 14, and persons with disabilities together with their minders will continue to be offered.
- We pledge to provide, manage and maintain safe and high-quality recreation and sports facilities for the general public.
- We pledge to provide civic centre facilities and cultural and entertainment programmes, and to promote the development and appreciation of the performing and visual arts.
- We pledge to provide courteous and efficient service to all library users to meet the community's need for knowledge, information and research; to support life-long learning, continuous education and the profitable use of leisure time; and to promote local literary arts.
- We pledge to preserve local cultural heritage and to promote its appreciation by providing and developing museum and related services. We will focus our conservation efforts on antiquities and monuments and promote heritage education and appreciation. We will also promote the visual arts and Hong Kong artists, and with a variety of education activities, foster a sense of belonging for the people of Hong Kong.