Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us


Declared Monuments in Hong Kong


Declared Monuments Hong Kong Island Kowloon New Territories Outlying Islands
 

 

Declared Monuments in Hong Kong - New Territories

Tin Hau Temple (Lung Yeuk Tau, Fanling)
Situated between the Tang Chung Ling Ancestral Hall and Lo Wai, Lung Yeuk Tau, Fanling, the Tin Hau Temple is the main temple in the area, and the construction year of which is not known.

This Temple is a traditional two-hall building with a central courtyard. The facade of the temple is exquisitely decorated with plaster mouldings and murals of auspicious motifs. The main hall of the temple is devoted to the worship of Tin Hau and her guards, Chin Lei Ngan (who is believed to see things a thousand li [Chinese miles] away) and Shun Fung Yi (whose ears can hear sounds as far away as from heaven). The oldest relics surviving in the temple are two cast iron bells which are kept in the east chamber of the rear hall. One of the bells was cast in 1695 as a gift from the Tang clan to thank Tin Hau after having their sons adopted by her. The other bell was cast in 1700 as an offering to Tin Hau so that the young men of the clan could be blessed during their journey to the city for taking the provincial examinations. The temple was declared a monument on 15 November 2002.

 

 

Tin Hau Temple, Lung Yeuk Tau, Fanling

address Lung Yeuk Tan, Fanling (Plan)
Virtual Heritage Explorer
Opening Hours 9am - 5pm daily
Figure : Transport
 
Green Minibus (GMB)
54K Fanling Station - Lung Yeuk Tau (Circular)
56K Fanling Station (via Siu Hang Tsuen and San Wai) - Luk Keng

 
 

The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.