Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
search site map contact us

Declared Monuments in Hong Kong

Declared Monuments Hong Kong Island Kowloon New Territories Outlying Islands


Declared Monuments in Hong Kong - New Territories

Island House  (Yuen Chau Tsai, Tai Po)
When Island House was completed in 1906, it stood on a small islet called Yuen Chau Tsai, near the head of Tolo Harbour, which was connected to the mainland by a causeway. The two-storey building with open verandahs is a classic example of colonial architecture in the early 20th century. It was erected as quarters for government officers and was long associated with the former New Territories Administration. The building is now used by the World Wide Fund for Nature Hong Kong as a Conservation Studies Centre.


  Island House
address Yuen Chau Tsai, Tai Po (Plan)
Opening Hours Please browse the following website for the opening hours of Island House Conservation Studies Centre:

Figure : Transport

Kowloon Motor Bus
72X Mong Kok (Park Avenue) - Tai Po Central
73X Tsuen Wan (Nina Tower) - Fu Shin Estate
74X Kwun Tong Ferry Pier - Tai Po Central
271 Tsim Sha Tsui (Canton Road) - Fu Heng


The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.