Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]

About Us | What's New | Archaeology | Built Heritage | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services| Wun Yiu Exhibition | Online Exhibition | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area | Back to Cultural Services | Back to LCSD



Declared Monuments > Declared Monuments | Hong Kong Island | Kowloon | New Territories | Outlying Islands

New Territories

5 Historic Structures of Kowloon Reservoir

Built between 1901 and 1910 as the fourth reservoir of the territory, Kowloon Reservoir was the first reservoir built in Kowloon in response to the growing population of Kowloon Peninsula. The way in which water was provided for the Kowloon Peninsula was radically changed by the establishment of the Kowloon Reservoir. Rainwater impounded in the reservoir replaced well water and subterranean water pumped out by the Yau Ma Tei Pumping Station.

Kowloon Reservoir

Address

Golden Hill Road, Kam Shan Country Park, Sha Tin

Transport

Kowloon Motor Bus
72 Tai Wo Bus Terminus - Cheung Sha Wan Bus Terminus
81 Wo Che – Jordan (Wui Cheung Road)
86B Hin Keng – Mei Foo


Reference :
For more details concerning the historic waterworks facilities, please refer to the following website

Water Supplies Department



The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.

Top

2004 © | Important notices | Privacy policy | Accessibility | Last revision date: 31 January, 2013

End of page