Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]

About Us | What's New | Archaeology | Built Heritage | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services| Wun Yiu Exhibition | Online Exhibition | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area | Back to Cultural Services | Back to LCSD

Declared Monuments > Declared Monuments | Hong Kong Island | Kowloon | New Territories | Outlying Islands

Hong Kong Island

The Exterior of Tang Chi Ngong Building, The University of Hong Kong (The University of Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam Road)

The building which was constructed in 1929 with a generous donation from Mr. Tang Chi-ngong, father of Sir Shiu-kin Tang, was opened as a School of Chinese in accordance with his wishes. It is a three-storey flat-roofed building with Shanghai plaster surfacing and was officially opened by Sir William Peel, the Governor of Hong Kong on 28 September 1931. It now houses the Centre of Asian Studies.

The Exterior of Tang Chi Ngong Building, the University of Hong Kong


The University of Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam Road (Plan)


Sai Ying Pun Stationn

The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.


2004 © | Important notices | Privacy policy | Accessibility | Last revision date: 17 August, 2015

End of page