Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]

Main | About Us | What's New | Archaeology | Built Heritage | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services| Wun Yiu Exhibition | Online Exhibition | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area



Declared Monuments > Declared Monuments | Hong Kong Island | Kowloon | New Territories | Outlying Islands

Kowloon

Hong Kong Observatory (134A Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui)

Standing on a small hill in Kowloon, the Hong Kong Observatory was established in 1883 and designated as the Royal Observatory, Hong Kong in 1912. Built in the Victorian-Colonial style, it is a rectangular two-storey plastered brick structure characterised by arched windows and long verandas. The technical and operational units of the Observatory have been moved to new premises nearby, leaving the old building to house the office of the directorate and serve as the administration centre. Hong Kong Observatory resumed its original name when Hong Kong returned to Chinese sovereignty on 1 July 1997.

Hong Kong Observatory

Address

134A Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui (Plan)
Virtual Heritage Explorer



Transport

MTR
Tsim Sha Tsui Station


The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.

Top

2004 © | Important notices | Privacy policy | Accessibility | Last revision date: 10 December, 2015

End of page