Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]

About Us | What's New | Archaeology | Built Heritage | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services| Wun Yiu Exhibition | Online Exhibition | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area | Back to Cultural Services | Back to LCSD



Declared Monuments > Declared Monuments | Hong Kong Island | Kowloon | New Territories | Outlying Islands

New Territories

Old District Office North (Wan Tau Kok Lane, Tai Po)

The Old District Office North was erected around 1907 and was the earliest seat of the civil administration of the newly-leased New Territories. Administration and land registration of the northern part of the New Territories were carried out in this building. Until 1961, the building still housed a magistrate's court. It is now used by the New Territories Eastern Region Headquarters of the Scout Association of Hong Kong.

Old District Office North

Address

Wan Tau Kok Lane, Tai Po (Plan)
Virtual Heritage Explorer



Transport

MTR
Tai Po Market Station

Kowloon Motor Bus
64K Yuen Long (West) - Tai Po Market Railway Station
72X Mong Kok (Park Avenue) - Tai Po Central
73X Tsuen Wan (Nina Tower) - Fu Shin Estate
74X Kwun Tong Ferry - Tai Po Central
307 Central Ferry Piers - Tai Po Central


The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.

Top

2004 © | Important notices | Privacy policy | Accessibility | Last revision date: 31 January, 2013

End of page