Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]
Main | About Us | What's New | Archaeology | Built Heritage | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services| Wun Yiu Exhibition | Online Exhibition | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area
Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre
|"Former Kowloon British School and 1883 Building of Hong Kong Observatory" Docent Service|
Located in Tsim Sha Tsui, both the Former Kowloon British School and the 1883 Building of Hong Kong Observatory are declared monuments. The School is the oldest surviving school building constructed for foreign residents living in Hong Kong. Opened in 1902, the School was built in a typical Victorian structure with wide verandahs and pitched roofs. It now houses the Antiquities and Monuments Office after restoration. For the 1883 Building of Hong Kong Observatory, it was constructed in colonial style on a small hill. The Building is a rectangular two-storey plastered brick structure characterized by arched windows and long verandas. Through this tour, participants will learn more about the monuments' history and architectural significances.
Docent Service for Groups
Only for local registered charitable organizations, non‐profit‐making institutions, kindergartens, primary / secondary / special schools, post‐secondary institutions and universities. Free of charge.
Date: Fridays (except public holidays)
No. of visitors for each session: Min. 15, Max. 30.
Application Form and Details
Docent Service for Public
|Date:||Fridays (except public holidays)|
|Time:||3:45 - 5pm|
|Assembly Point:||Outside the side gate of AMO Office, 136 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.|
|Tutor:||Docent of the Antiquities and Monuments Office|
|Enrolment:||No enrolment required. First come, first served.|
End of page