Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us



Heritage Trails


 
AB [To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route The Sheung Wan Route]
 

Enlarge Map


Old Halls of the University of Hong Kong
Pok Fu Lam Road

Old Halls is a collective name given in 1966 after a landslide and storm for the Lugard, Eliot and May Halls, which were built in 1913, 1914 and 1915 respectively as student hostels for the University of Hong Kong. Designed by the Architect Messrs Denison, Ram and Gibbs, the three three-storey red brick Edwardian style buildings on terraces were linked by corridors and stairs. The oldest Lugard Hall was demolished and redeveloped in 1991. Eliot Hall and May Hall have been converted into university offices and academic research centres. They are now among the oldest in the campus, which represent the prevalent college architecture of the time.

* This building is not open to the public

Old Halls of the University of Hong Kong
Back to Map


Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme