Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us



Heritage Trails


 
AB [To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route The Sheung Wan Route]
 

Enlarge Map


St. Louis School
179 Third Street

St. Louis School was first started as a trade and technical school in 1864 by the Fathers of the Catholic Mission who chose St. Aloysius as the Patron Saint of the school, and hence its name. They were succeeded by the Christian Brothers since 1875, taken over by the Maryknoll Fathers in 1921 and then the Salesian Fathers in 1927, the year now regarded as the founding year of the present school. The school comprises four wings, namely East, North, Central and West, of which the oldest is the East, probably built by 1927 in the Art Deco style. The North Wing was severely damaged by typhoon in 1936 and rebuilt in the same year. St. Louis School became an English grammar school in 1948. The Central and West Wings were subsequently constructed and opened in 1951 and 1969 respectively.

* This building is not open to the public

St. Louis School
Back to Map


Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme