Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us



Heritage Trails


 
AB [To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route The Sheung Wan Route]
 

Enlarge Map


Original Site of Diocesan Boys' School
Eastern Street

Diocesan Boys’ School was an English school founded by the Anglican Church of Hong Kong in 1869. It was then a boarding school for students of different nationalities, including Dr Sun Yat-sen who came from Cuiheng Village to Hong Kong to continue his study there in November 1883 and transferred to Central School the following year. Diocesan Boys’ School moved to Kowloon in 1926 and the Northcote Teachers’ Training College was rebuilt there in 1941. The site was used as the main campus of the United College of the Chinese University of Hong Kong between 1961 and 1971. It is now the Bonham Road Government Primary School. This historic site is now marked by the Dr Sun Yat-sen Historical Trail.

* This building is not open to the public

Original Site of Diocesan Boys’ School
Back to Map


Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme