Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
search site map contact us

Heritage Trails


Central and Western Heritage Trail

Western District and the Peak Route
[To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route
The Sheung Wan Route]

Enlarge Map

Main Building of St. Stephen's Girls' College
2 Lyttelton Road

Founded in 1906 on Caine Road by the Church Missionary Society of the Church of England, St. Stephen’s Girls’ College later relocated to Babington Path before moving to its current premises in 1923. The building was converted into an emergency hospital in 1940, and the Japanese then used it as a secret espionage training centre during World War II. After the school reopened in 1945, the Junior School Building was added in 1949, followed by the Jubilee Building in 1958. The Main Building, with the school hall at its centre named after Sir Robert Ho Tung, is a four-storey structure with simple pitched roofs. It was declared a monument in 1992.

* This building is not open to the public

Main Building of St. Stephen’s Girls’ College
Back to Map

Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme