Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us



Heritage Trails


 
AB [To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route The Sheung Wan Route]
 

Enlarge Map


Tang Chi Ngong Building of the University of Hong Kong
Pok Fu Lam Road

The idea to establish a school of Chinese at the University of Hong Kong was proposed between the two World Wars. Construction of the premises began in 1929 with a generous donation from Mr Tang Chi Ngong after whom the building has been named. It was opened by Governor Sir William Peel in 1931 and since then further donation was received from the Chinese community for the endowment of teaching Chinese language and literature. The building was used for other purposes since the 1970s but the name remained unchanged. At present, it houses the Centre of Asian Studies. This three-storey flat-roofed structure is surfaced with Shanghai plaster and was declared a monument in 1995.

* This building is not open to the public

Tang Chi Ngong Building of the University of Hong Kong
Back to Map


Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme