Ma Wat Wai
Located to the northwest of Lo Wai, Ma Wat Wai was built by the Tang clan during the Qianlong reign (1736–1795) of the Qing dynasty. The village is enclosed by walls on four sides, with the main entrance facing north. A pair of chained-ring iron gates were installed at the entrance tower with a red sandstone lintel engraved with the two characters “Wat Chung”, which denotes the flourishing growth of spring onions and provides evidence that the original name of the village was Wat Chung Wai. All the houses in the village are built in orderly rows, while a communal altar is placed at the end of the main alley. Unfortunately, some parts of the enclosing walls and all four corner towers have been demolished.
The entrance tower of Ma Wat Wai was declared a monument in 1994.