Tsung Kyam Church
Tsung Kyam Church, located at the Lung Shan spur, is a church of the Basel Mission Society. It was constructed in 1927 and extended in 1951 as the congregation grew. As most of the worshippers lived in the neighbourhood, a village named Shung Him Tong Village gradually sprung up, where two old houses named “Kin Tak Lau” still survive today. They were actually built in 1910, earlier than the church, and were enclosed by a low wall. The door of the main entrance was engraved with the characters “Kin Tak Mun”. A graveyard for the congregation, first consecrated in 1931, is situated at the back of the village. The church was once used as a kindergarten, but it was replaced by a new one in 1983.
This private property is not open to the public.