The Béthanie, located in Pokfulam, was completed in 1875 by the Société des Missions Étrangères, which is also known as the Missions Étrangères de Paris. The Neo-Gothic building served as the Society's first sanatorium in the East Asia for sick missionaries until its closure in 1974, as a precious testimony for the Society's century-long contribution to mission work and local history.
In 2006, The Hong Kong Academy For Performing Arts completed restoration of the Béthanie which was revitalized as the Academy's heritage campus. It is also a popular attraction in the Pokfulam district.
The Antiquities and Monuments Office and The Hong Kong Academy For Performing Arts are jointly organizing on-spot docent services at the Béthanie on 14 July, 4 August and 11 August 2013 (Sundays) from 2 to 6 p.m. to introduce the historical and built merits of this piece of heritage to visitors.