Declared Monuments in Hong Kong - New Territories
The house which was situated at Lot 917 of Hoi Pa Village, Tsuen Wan was built in 1904 by Mr. Yau Yuen-cheung (1865-1937), a village scholar of Hoi Pa. The Village was originally a Hakka mixed-lineage village established during the 18th and 19th centuries. The site, together with the adjacent areas, has now been developed into the Tak Wah Street Park. This remaining old house, built with rammed earth, green bricks, green tiles and timber, is a fine example of traditional southern Chinese village architecture. It is now used as the Environmental Resource Centre.
Old House, Hoi Pa Village, Tsuen Wan
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
9:30am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 6:30pm
2:00 to 6:30pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays