Declared Monuments in Hong Kong - New Territories
While the other stations along the Kowloon to Canton Railway were built to a standard design, the station at Tai Po Market was built in Chinese style. Construction work was completed in 1913. The external features of the facade, roof and decorations were patterned upon a Chinese structure. Internally, it was designed to function as a railway station. The station was made redundant by a new one in a nearby location in 1983. It was then fully restored and now houses the Hong Kong Railway Museum.
Old Tai Po Market Railway Station