Notes on Application
- All local schools, including kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, post-secondary institutions and universities, and registered charitable or non-profit-making organizations with a group of 20 or more can apply in writing for the wavier of admission charges and free guided tour. Groups of less than 20 persons are required to pay for the admission charges. These services are only available on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tuesday is Museum Closing day. The Museum opens from 10am to 6pm on weekdays and to 7pm on Saturdays,Sundays and public holidays. The Museum closes on Tuesdays (except public holidays). Free Admission on Wednesdays (except for some Special Exhibitions).
- Application will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Applications should be made from 2 weeks to 3 months (from the first working day of the month) in advance before the date of visit. For example, if you want to visit in July 2006, you can make application on 3 April 2006. Please call 2724 9080 during office hours (Mon-Fri: 9:30am-12:45pm & 2:00pm-5:30pm) for reservation first, and then submit the duly completed application form together with copies of relevant documents (see Note 3 below) to the Museum by mail (please mark "Application for Group Visit" on the envelope) or fax (2724 9090) within one week after the telephone booking. Otherwise, the booking will be cancelled. Application made less than two weeks before the visit will not be considered.
- The applicant for waiver of admission charges should be registered under the Societies Ordinance or the Companies Ordinance, formed by statute, registered on the list of approved charitable institutions or trusts of a public character. Its Constitution or Memorandum and Articles of Association, Ordinance, or Trust Deed should state that members of the organization do not take any share of the profits nor any share of the assets upon dissolution. The organization should provide copies of relevant documents certified true by an authorized officer with the organization chop, e.g. the letter issued by the Inland Revenue Department under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance.
- The Museum reserves the right to approve an application. All applications are approved subject to the applicants' absolute compliance with the above-mentioned criteria. If the applicant fails to observe this condition or any information provided by the applicant is found to be untrue, the Museum reserves the right to withdraw the approval and recover the full amount of admission charges waived.
- Successful applicants will be notified in writing at least one week before the visit. Please present the confirmation letter upon admission. The Museum reserves the right to charge admission and cancel relevant services if the applicants fail to produce the confirmation letter. If the number of participants exceeds the approved number, the group needs to pay for the extra visitors. If there are any changes after the confirmation letter is issued, please notify the Museum immediately. New application may be required.
- In order not to affect the visiting schedule and other arrangements on the day, please arrive at the Museum on time. Pre-booked services may be cancelled if you are late for more than 30 minutes.
- Coaches may drop off / pick up visitors at the roundabout of the Science Museum. The Museum provides 6 parking spaces for coaches on a first come, first served basis. No prior reservation will be provided.
- If there are too many visitors at the Museum, we will arrange the admission on a first come, first served basis according to the capacity of the gallery.
- Please do not bring along bulky items, such as school bags or valuable items to the Museum.
- Group leader should keep the order of the group members. Please split your group into smaller groups and assign one leader for each small group. It is recommended to keep a leader-and-visitor ratio at 1:20. Group leader should gather the group members and complete the head count before leaving the Museum. Re-entering the exhibition galleries is not permitted.
- Please do not use loudspeaker in the Museum. In case of emergency, please approach the Museum staff for assistance.
- Smoking, playing, touching of exhibits or unauthorized video-taking (except those with prior written permission) are prohibited in the Museum.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited in the Museum.
- The Museum staff reserves the right to stop any annoying behavior and to order the visitors to leave the Museum immediately.
Inclement Weather Special Arrangement
- When tropical cyclone warning signal no. 8 or above is hoisted or black rainstorm warning signal is issued by the Hong Kong Observatory, the Museum will be closed and all group visits and relevant services will be cancelled.
- School visits and relevant services will be cancelled in accordance with the announcement made by the Education and Manpower Bureau.
- Under the above circumstances, organizations should keep the admission letter and contact our Education Activities Unit at 2724 9080 for rearrangement.
Personal Data Collection Statement
You have the right to request access to and correction of personal data as stated in this form in accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. The personal data provided in this form will be entered into the Museum's record. Enquiries concerning the personal data collected in this form, including the request for access and corrections, should be addressed to Assistant Curator II (Docent), Hong Kong Museum of History, 100 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Tel. No.: 2724 9020.