Notes on Application
- The following organisations can apply for group visit of the permanent exhibition, free guided tours, in-house video show services and waiver of special exhibition admission charge by completing this form:
- registered kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools, post-secondary institutions, universities and charitable or non-profit-making organisations in a group of 20 visitors or more.
- registered schools and charitable or non-profit making organisations serving people with disabilities or the elderly in a group of 10 visitors or more.
- Opening hours for the Hong Kong Museum of History:
Monday, Wednesday to Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 10am - 7pm
Christmas Eve and Chinese New Year's Eve: 10am - 5pm
Closed on Tuesdays (except public holidays), and the first two days of the Chinese New Year
- Application will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Applications should be made 2 weeks to 3 months (from the first working day of the month) in advance before the date of visit. For example, if the proposed visit falls in November 2016, please make application on 1 August 2016. Please call 2724 9080 during office hours (Mon-Fri: 9:30am–12:45pm & 2:00–5:30pm) for reservation first, and then submit the duly completed application form together with copies of relevant documents (see Note 4 below) to us by mail (please mark "Group Visit" on the envelope) or fax (2724 9090) within one week after the telephone booking. Otherwise, the booking will be cancelled. Application made less than two weeks before the visit will not be considered.
- The registered charitable / non-profit-making organisations should be registered under the Societies Ordinance or the Companies Ordinance, formed by statute, registered on the list of approved charitable institutions or trusts of a public character. Its Constitution or Memorandum and Articles of Association, Ordinance, or Trust Deed should state that members of the organisation do not take any share of the profits nor any share of the assets upon dissolution. The organisation should provide copies of relevant documents certified true by an authorised officer with the organisation chop, e.g. the letter issued by the Inland Revenue Department under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance.
- Visiting group which has been granted waiver of admission charges should not charge members for admission to the Museum. Should there be any charges, e.g. transportation and administrative fees, please state the nature of the charges in the application form.
- The Museum reserves the right to approve an application. All applications are approved subject to the applicants' absolute compliance with the above-mentioned criteria. If the applicant fails to observe this condition or any information provided by the applicant is found to be incomplete or untrue, the Museum reserves the right to withdraw the approval and request the visiting group to pay the full amount of admission charges waived.
- Successful applicants will be notified in writing at least one week before the visit. Please present the confirmation letter upon admission. The Museum reserves the right to levy admission charges for the special exhibition and cancel the reserved services if the applicants fail to produce the confirmation letter. Should the number of visitors fail to meet the approved quota, written explanation may be required. If the number of attendees is below the required number of persons (See Note 1 above), the group is required to pay the full admission charges. If the number of attendees exceeds the approved quota, the group is required to pay for the extra ones. Should there be any changes after the confirmation letter is issued, please notify us immediately. New application may be required.
- Please arrive at the Museum on time so as not to affect our visiting schedule and other arrangements on the day. Reserved services may be cancelled if the group turns up late for more than 30 minutes. Visiting groups which are granted free admission to the special exhibition will only be admitted once. Late comers are required to pay for admission fee themselves.
- Coaches may drop off / pick up visitors at the roundabout of the Science Museum. No reservation will be accepted.
- If there are too many visitors at the Museum, we will arrange the admission on a first come, first served basis according to the capacity of the gallery.
- Please do not bring along school bags or bulky / valuable items to the Museum.
- Group leader should keep members of the group in order. Please split the visitors into small groups and assign one leader for each group. A leader-and-visitor ratio at 1:20 is recommended. Group leader should have all group members gathered and complete the head count before leaving the Museum. Readmission to the special exhibition gallery after leaving is not allowed.
- Please do not use loudspeaker in the Museum. In case of emergency, please approach the Museum staff for assistance.
- The Museum staff reserve the right to stop any annoying behavior and to order the visitors concerned to leave the Museum immediately.
Inclement Weather Special Arrangement
Under the following circumstances, school visits and relevant services will be cancelled. Organisations should keep the admission letter and contact our Education Activities Unit at 2724 9080 for rearrangement.
- When tropical cyclone warning signal no. 8 or above is hoisted or black rainstorm warning signal is issued by the Hong Kong Observatory.
- The Education Bureau has made the announcement of class suspension.
Personal Data Collection Statement
You have the right to request access to and correction of personal data as stated in this form in accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. The personal data provided in this form will be entered into the Museum's record. Enquiries concerning the personal data collected in this form, including the request for access and corrections, should be addressed to Assistant Curator II (Docent) by post to Hong Kong Museum of History, 100 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, or by calling 2724 9020.