Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defence Home Page Graphics Version | c骩 | ²^

About Us | What's New | Facilities | Exhibition | Selected Collection | Group Visits | Education Programmes | Publication | Links | Cultural Services | Back to LCSD


Historical Trail

Previous   Next

Ruined Structure

The structure was built in 1910 as soldiers' quarters for the men of the Royal Artillery who manned the Central and West Batteries. On the night of 18 December 1941, Japanese troops successfully crossed the Lei Yue Mun Channel from Devil's Peak and were engaged in fierce fighting with the defenders in this building. After stubborn resistance, the defenders, overwhelmed by superior numbers and firepower, were forced to retreat.




Permanent Exhibition | Historical Trail | Special Exhibitions

contact us | sitemap | privacy policy

Copyright © Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defence
Leisure & Cultural Services Department

Last revision date: 17 October, 2012