Address: 175 Tung Hei Road, Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong
Enquiries: 2569 1500
Booking hotline: 2569 1248
Fax : 2569 1637
Email : email@example.com
March to September: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
October to February: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
Closed on Thursdays (except public holidays)
Closed on the first two days of the Chinese New Year
Thursdays (except public holidays)
The first two days of the Chinese New Year
$10 (standard ticket: for adults and visitors who are not eligible to concessionary fare)
$5 (concessionary ticket: for full-time students, people with disabilities (and one accompanying minder) and aged 60 or above)
$7 (group ticket for 20 persons or above)
Free admission for Museum Pass and Museum Weekly Pass Holders
Free admission for babies and toddlers below the age of 4
Free admission on Wednesdays
- Free admission for babies and toddlers aged below 4.
- Standard tickets are applicable to individual visitors not eligible for concessionary tickets.
- Concessionary tickets are applicable to full-time students, people with disabilities and senior citizens aged 60 or above.
||Persons paying concessionary rate may be requested by museum staff to produce a valid document for verification of eligibility.
||Students may be requested to produce a valid document. If proof of current full-time student status is not shown on the document, museum staff reserves the right to request the student concerned to provide other evidence to prove his / her student status. Personalised Octopus card with "Student Status" is not accepted.
- Group tickets are applicable to every purchase of 20 tickets or more.
- Standard, registered charitable and group ticket holders are eligible for only one admission to the Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defence.
- Please co-operate by not tendering large-denomination banknotes for entry. Note: Credit cards and cheques will not be accepted.
- Museum Pass holders can enjoy unlimited admission to the exhibition galleries of the museums under the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (with exception of some Galleries/ Theatres) during the valid period of the Passes.
- Please also read the rules and conditions printed at the back of the tickets/ passes for admission.
- Please check your change and tickets before leaving the Box Office. The Museum will not entertain disputes afterward.
- Tickets/ Passes sold are not returnable or refundable.
- The Box Office will be closed 30 minutes before the Museum closes.
15-minute walk following road signs from Exit B2 of Shau Kei Wan MTR Station.
City Bus route No.85, running between Braemar Hill and Siu Sai Wan.
First Bus route No.82X, running between North Point Healthy Village and Siu Sai Wan.
The Museum carpark is open to the public between 10:00a.m. to 5:00p.m., extended to 6 pm between 1 March to 30 September. (except Thursdays and first two days of the Chinese New Year.). Visitors may park their car free of charge for three hours. Disabled visitors may request for exemption at 2569 1500.
Special Arrangements Under Inclement Weather Conditions
Typhoon Signal No.8 or above: The Museum will be closed. It will be opened as usual within 2 hours after the signal is lowered. The Museum will remain closed if the signal is lowered less than 2 hours before the normal closing hour.
Black Rainstorm Warning: If the warning is issued before the opening hour, the Museum will be closed. It will be opened as usual within 2 hours after the warning is cancelled. If the warning is issued during the normal opening hours, the Museum will remain opened.
If Thunderstorm Warning, Red Rainstorm Warning or Typhoon Signal No.3 is issued during the Museum opening hours, the museum will remain open. But the Historical Trail will be closed temporarily. All education activities and guided tours held at the Historical Trail will be cancelled and those indoor activities will continue as normal. (For details of special arrangements under inclement weather conditions, please press here.) The Historical Trail will be opened after the warning/signal is lowered, unless there is safety concern.