Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defence Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText OnlyTraditional ChineseSimplified Chinese Search Site Map Contact Us
About Us
What's New
Facilities
Exhibition
Selected Collection
Group Visits
Programmes
Education Resource
Publication
Links
Cultural Services
Back to LCSD
Web Accessibility Conformance Statement

Historical Trail

Previous   Next

Ruined Structure

Ruined Structure

The structure was built in 1910 as soldiers' quarters for the men of the Royal Artillery who manned the Central and West Batteries. On the night of 18 December 1941, Japanese troops successfully crossed the Lei Yue Mun Channel from Devil's Peak and were engaged in fierce fighting with the defenders in this building. After stubborn resistance, the defenders, overwhelmed by superior numbers and firepower, were forced to retreat.

2004| Important notices | Privacy policy Last revision date: 23 January, 2014
Introduction
General Information
History
Location Map
Financial Figures
Reception Area
Redoubt
Historical Trail
Permanent Exhibition
Historical Trail
Special Exhibitions
Past Exhibitions
Firearms
Artillery
Armed Weapons
Paper
Uniforms & Textile
Others
Museum Publication
Newsletter
Researches