- 2017 International Museum Day
- Muse Fest HK 2017
- Bear in Mind
- New initiatives for the museums of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department
- Museum Transformation
- It's All About Sharing
- In Touch with Hong Kong Artists – A School-based Art Learning Pilot Programme
- Follow MA on Instagram @hongkongmuseumofart!
- The Sound of Art — Museum Sunday Concert Series
International Museum Day 2017, Hong Kong
2017.5.13 – 14
Back in 1977, the International Council of Museums (ICOM) designated 18 May as the annual International Museum Day (IMD) to raise public awareness of the role that museums play in society. The Leisure and Cultural Services Department has responded to this important appeal since 2001 by organising IMD events in mid-May every year.
The theme of IMD 2017 focuses on the role of museums as hubs for enhancing relationships between peoples and benefiting society. It also highlights how a contested history can also be a shared future.
This year, IMD in Hong Kong is scheduled for 13-14 May 2017. Over these two days, visitors will be admitted free to most of the local participating venues, where a wide range of educational and entertaining programmes will be held. Come and be inspired!
Details of IMD 2017 in Hong Kong will be announced at the website of Hong Kong Public Museums later.
Details to be announced later.