- International Museum Day 2015, Hong Kong Museums for a Sustainable Society
- "Classic of Craft Book: Traditional Chinese Bookbinding" Workshop
- Transcend – Muse Fest HK 2015
- The Docent Annual Gathering and Award Presentation Ceremony 2014
- Free Download of Booklet: Demonstration on the "Four Gentlemen" Paintings by Yang Shanshen (Chinese version)
International Museum Day 2015
Hong Kong Museums for a Sustainable Society
2015.5.16 – 17 (Sat & Sun)
Since 1977, the International Council of Museums (ICOM) has designated 18 May as the International Museum Day (IMD) to raise public awareness of the role that museums play in the society. The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) has echoed to this significant appeal since 2001 and keeps on organising IMD events in mid-May annually.
Acquisition, research, exhibition and education are the well-known core functions of museums. Apart from these functions, museums also play a key role in promoting new concepts and beliefs that are beneficial to our society.
"Museums for a sustainable society" is the theme of IMD 2015. Nowadays, people recognise that natural resources are limited so we should live sustainably and develop our society in a way that takes into consideration of what and how Mother Nature can cope. In order to develop towards a sustainable society, it requires new rationale and people need to adapt to new ways of living. Museums, in this transition, take a strong position.
This year, the International Museum Day, Hong Kong is scheduled on 16-17 May, 2015. During these two days, visitors will be admitted free to the Hong Kong Museum of Art where a wide range of educational and entertaining programmes will be held. Come and be inspired!